Do you burn more calories in cold weather or hot weather
You burn less when it's cold. The hotter it is, the more work your heart has to do to prevent you from overheating. Interesting! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-you-burn-more-calories-in-cold-weather-or-hot-weather ]
More Answers to "Do you burn more calories in cold weather or hot weather"
- Do You Burn More Calories in Hot or Cold Weather?
- You burn fewer calories when you exercise in cold weather than you do when it's hot. The hotter it is, the more extra work your heart has to do to prevent you from overheating. More than 70 percent of the energy produced by your muscles dur...
- Will I burn more calories exercising in hot weather or cold weath...?
- You burn about the same number of calories regardless of the air temperature. When you're sweating it up in one of those "hot" yoga classes or drenched on a summer power walk, it may seem like you're melting away pounds more quick...
- Is walking in the cold weather make you loose less calories then ...?
- You would probably burn more, as your body has to work harder, ie: it takes more energy to draw a full breath through your lungs, then have your lungs warm the oxygen and pump through your system. You will probably notice that your heart se...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does walking in cold weather burn more calories than hot weather?
- A: Definetly yes because the heat is generated by the body gets absorbed more in cold climate and hence more heat is generated for which more calories are burnt.
- are more calories burned in hot weather than in cold weather?
- A: "You burn fewer calories when you exercise in cold weather than you do when it's hot. The hotter it is, the more extra work your heart has to do to prevent you from overheating. More than 70 percent of the energy produced by your muscles during exercise is lost as heat. So the harder you exercise, the hotter your muscles become. In hot weather, not only must your heart pump extra blood to bring oxygen to your muscles, it must also pump hot blood from your heated muscles to your skin where heat can be dissipated.On the other hand, in cold weather, your heart only has to pump blood to your muscles and very little extra blood to your skin to dissipate heat. Your muscles produce so much heat during exercise that your body does not need to produce more heat to keep you warm. So your heart works harder and you burn more calories in hot weather. This information should not discourage you from exercising when it’s cold, because staying in shape is a year-round proposition. However, it may help to explain why so many people find the pounds creeping on in the wintertime, even when they stay active."Hope this helps... :)
- do u burn more calories running in hot weather or running in colder weather for the same amount of time?
- A: u burn more calories in hotter weather because u breathe harder, trying to get more air
Prev Question: What is the average height and weight of a 12 year old boy
People also view