What does a good cardio workout consist of
You can get cardio from many exercises. Cardio is generally defined as getting your heart's beats per minutes in a certain range for a certain amount of time. This range depends on each individual person. There are calculators on the web to help. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-a-good-cardio-workout-consist-of ]
More Answers to "What does a good cardio workout consist of"
- What is a good cardio workout?
- A good cardio routine is one that starts you at easy, works up, and then lets you down easy- also known as the warm-up, workout, and cool down. All together, a really good cardio workout is at least 30 minutes, however doing a workout for j...
- What Is the Best Cardio Workout?
- The best cardio workout is one that is done consistently, regardless of the chosen cardiovascular exercise. Work out and keep the target heart rate between 50 percent and 80 percent of the maximal...
- Is jumping rope a good cardio workout?
- It depends how long you jump. It's hard to jump rope for long, but if you can keep it up for 20-30 minutes, yes it's great. With any cardio workout you want to try to keep your heart rate up consistanly for 30 minutes or more.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Cardio question: What exactly does doing cardio consist of? Can I just walk for 30 minutes and get good?
- Q: results? or do I have to jog, or run hard? Also, when doing a workout regimine that requires 30 minutes of cardio per workout, do I have to do it for 30 minutes straight, or can I break it down into 3 10 minutes sets?
- A: Walking isn't fast enough, but you will get better results by breaking it down into ten minute sets so long as you work hard in those periods. Something you might find better would be to spend twenty minutes. Five minute warm up, five minute warm down, and then in the middle ten minutes work intervals - work hard and rest repeatedly. It'll give you far better results than half an hour of poor cardio.
- Should I do a cardio workout every day and muscle workout every other day?
- Q: I want to lose weight and build some muscle (main goal is to lose weight). My workout consists of doing at least 30 minutes on the bike (climbing hills mostly) or a mix of biking and climbing stairs. Then I like to do some muscle workouts for my stomach & abs and my arms as well. Oh and I do rest on Sundays. I haven't been working out for the last 2 months from an injury and want to get back on the right track.
- A: Remember this...Muscle weighs more than fat!Weight loss is your main goal, and the cardio that you are doing is great. incorporate more weight training in your workout to accomomodate the rest of your muscle groups such as your back, butt, hamstrings and calves. When you do weight training, your muscles actually stay switched on for alot longer after you workout and continue to burn calories for alot longer than after completing cardio work. Cardio workout primarily will burn the calories while you are doing and will still continue to burn them afterwards, but not as long as your muscles will after weight training. The combination of both is the perfect recipe to acheive results and also, eat a protein enriched meal( like chicken) or shake within an hour of your workout and your body will burn more fuel and the protein will help your muscles recover alot quicker.
- what are good cardio workout and what is considered an eliptical machine?
- Q: everyone tells me do alot of cardio i am not real sure what exact exercises that consists of...
- A: Most gyms have what my gym calls a "Cardio theater." It's an area with treadmills, ellipticals, multi-trainers, stairmasters, treadclimbers, stationary bikes, recumbant cycles and ARC trainers. All of those machines are cardio. Anything that gets your heart rate up and keeps it elevated is cardio. Besides machines, things like running, swimming, jumping rope, and playing most active sports (basketball, football, soccer, etc) are cardio.Cardio has very few limits. Make up some of your own stuff. I heard about a guy who laid a yardstick on the ground and jumped left and right over the stick for 30 minutes as his cardio. An elliptical machine is a machine where, instead of running, you put your feet into footholds and use your legs to push the holds down against angle and/or resistance in the shape of an ellipse (oval). Precor is the dominant brand in elliptical trainers right now, if you see an elliptical machine, it will likely be a Precor.
Prev Question: How much should you weigh if you are 6 feet tall
People also view