When should you eat protein, before or after a workout
When you expend energy by exercising, you need to consume extra energy to fuel the activity. How much you should eat and at MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-should-you-eat-protein%2C-before-or-after-a-workout ]
More Answers to "When should you eat protein, before or after a workout"
- When to eat protein - before or after a workout?
- You can eat protein anytime but you should probably eat after workout to replace the energy. Denise
- What to eat after a workout?
- Great Meals to eat after a workout would be something egg, steak or chicken based. Also drink liquids such as milk for vitamin D and orange juice for vitamin C and drink lots of water for hydration and muscle health. Good Luck!
- Should you eat protein before or after a workout?
- Yes it is a good idea to consume protein before and after a workout but it should be known that the most crucial time, is after your workout. During the 3 hours after your workout is essentially your muscle making window of opportunity. Thi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- when should i eat protein before i'm going to workout and how many days should i take off during weightlifting
- Q: I usually eat protein an hour before workouts and i lifts weights every other day.
- A: The best time to eat protein is actually 30 minutes to an hour after you work out. You should eat your biggest meal of the day at ths time. This is when your muscles start to rebuild, so you want protein to be in your system then. You should not lift weights more than 3 times a week, depending of course on how vigorously you lift. If you have a relatively light routine, you can lift 5 times a week. I have heavy routine, so I only workout 2 times a week.
- should I eat protein before or after a workout at the gym?
- Q: when is it more effective to eat protein to help build muscle.. before or after the workout?
- A: Actually, both. Have a small, protein-rich snack (protein bar/ protein shake), about half an hour before your workout, and then eat a small meal with lots of protein and some carbs an hour after your workout for optimum results.
- Should I eat/drink protein supplements such as tuna, milk or eggs before or after I workout to build muscle?
- Q: I'm 14 and trying to build muscle. Usualy the best time for me to workout is after school about 4:30pm or sometimes in the morning bout 10. Should I eat/drink protein before or after I workout?
- A: yes, its better to take protein supplements AFTER u work out. And if you do weigt training for an hour a day you need at least 110-150grams of protein a day.
Prev Question: What are some oblique ab workouts
People also view