How many months pregnant can you have an ultrasound
An ultrasound is generally performed for all pregnant women at 5 months. It can be done transvaginally in the early weeks. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-months-pregnant-can-you-have-an-ultrasound ]
More Answers to "How many months pregnant can you have an ultrasound"
- Why does the doctor do an ultrasound at 2 months pregnant??
- To confirm dates if you are unsure or to confirm a viable pregnancy if you are threatening to miscarry. However if you are sure of your dates and not miscarrying, please go to this website. http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/ultrasoundw...
- Why did my ultrasound show negative when iam three months pregnan...?
- I would like to hear the results of this question. I had an ultrasound that didn't now my pregancy and I am now 6 and 1/2 months along..... Me also, I had an ultra sound last week, and it i was my 12 weeks. But the doctor said that they can...
- Would an ultrasound show a fetus/embryo at 2 months pregnant??
- 2 months pregnant would be at about 8 weeks an embryo would be visable at this point. If the ultrasound was done on your uterus yes they should have seen it. If the ultrasound concentrated on your ovaries then they may have possibly missed ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- y couldnt the dr. see my babyin an ultrasound when i was 3 months pregnant?
- Q: i went to the drs. and i had an ultrasound done but the dr could not see the baby. i know im pregnant cus they did pregnancy tests and blood tests to make sure. what could the problem be?
- A: You could have had a missed miscarriage. That is where the baby just stops growing at one point during the pregnancy. They definitely should have been able to see a baby if you are that far, or your dates could just be off. Wait a week or two and ask them to do another ultrasound. You should be able to see and hear the babys heartbeat by now. Good luck sweetie!
- Would an ultrasound show a fetus/embryo at 2 months pregnant?
- Q: I suspect I might be pregnant, and if I am, I would have to be at least 2 months along. Incidentally, i just had a pelvic ultrasound done because my doctor thought I might have a cyst. Would the radiologist definitely have seen a fetus if I was pregnant? Since she didn't say "oh look, it's a fetus," can I trust that I'm not pregnant?
- A: 2 months pregnant would be at about 8 weeks an embryo would be visable at this point. If the ultrasound was done on your uterus yes they should have seen it. If the ultrasound concentrated on your ovaries then they may have possibly missed it. The radiologist also may not have known that you didn't know you were pregnant. They are often not allowed to comment on the ultrasound to the patient, the results have to be read by a doctor then past on to the physician that requested it. If you are concerned I would take a test rather than continuing to worry about if.
- Can an ultrasound determine the sex of a baby at 3 months pregnant?
- A: ultrasound can be performed at any stage of pregnancy for the purpose of finding out the sex , but it is best done between 18 and 26 weeks. Adequate studies on ultrasound safety have not been done, but we do know that ultrasound exposure can change the way the cell reproduces and moves. There have also been studies indicating that ultrasound heats up the cells. This method is the most frequent for finding out the sex of a baby, however, it is the least accurate. Accuracy depends on several factors: baby's cooperation, gestational age, technician's ability, etc
Prev Question: How long is a pregnancy
People also view