How long does it take for pregnancy to show up in your urine
Some tests may be able to detect pregnancy a few days before your period is due. It's best to wait until you're late to be sure. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-for-pregnancy-to-show-up-in-your-urine ]
More Answers to "How long does it take for pregnancy to show up in your urine"
- How long does it take for the pregnancy hormone to show up in you...?
- How soon can I test? Well, first you gotta know how the test works. Briefly: the home pregnancy test (HPT) works by detecting a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG.) When an egg is fertilized, it takes about 6 to 12 days to ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for the pregnancy hormone to show up in your urine?
- A: How soon can I test? Well, first you gotta know how the test works. Briefly: the home pregnancy test (HPT) works by detecting a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG.) When an egg is fertilized, it takes about 6 to 12 days to implant in the uterus, and then it begins to secrete hCG. It takes another day or two for enough hCG to build up and make its way into your pee. So, generally speaking, the earliest you can expect a positive HPT is 8 days past ovulation ("DPO") and the latest would be about 16 DPO. It is possible to get a positive test earlier or later, but not as common. In my experience, if you use a sensitive "early" test (anything that detects 25 mIU/mL of hCG or less) you can test around 12-14 DPO and feel reasonably secure with your results (the later you test, the more secure you can feel in its accuracy.) If you do not chart or monitor your fertility in any way, and you think you may have conceived, you should wait 19 days (or longer) after having sex to test. Why 19?! Sperm can live approximately 5 days in the proper environment; if the sperm managed to live until you popped an egg, the actual conception could have taken place several days after the sex act that got the sperm there. To make sure you're not testing too early, assume the sperm had very long lives (5 days is considered a very long sperm life) and that conception occurred then. Then allow 14 days for the embryo to implant and develop enough hCG to show up on a pregnancy test (96% of pregnant women will test positive by then.)http://www.peeonastick.com
- How long does it take for the pregnancy hormone to show in urine?
- Q: I'm 6 days late. I have never been late before, normally have a 29 day cycle. I tested after being 1 day late - negative. Then tested after being 5 days late in the morning, however I don't think I did the test correctly as I should have dipped the tester stick in the urine. Result was negative.My breasts are bigger, not tender really. My stomach is bloated and I have slight cramping. I feel more tired than usual lately too. I think I may be pregnant. When should I test again and how long can it take before the pregnancy hormone shows in urine?
- A: 98% of the pregnancy tests are positive 15+ days after ovulation.
- How long does it take for HCG to show up in your urine after implantation?
- Q: I took an EPT about 3 days before I was expecting my period, and it tested negative. However, I ovulated like a week late (my body does a better job telling me when I ovulate than when my period is gonna start), and my period isn't here and I was expecting it today. A few days ago I felt a little crampy but that's about it. Except that I've been really constipated (I know TMI, but the progesterone can do that if it is a pregnancy), and I'm wiped out and a bit nauseated, and achy.I want to know if I should wait a week or so cause I know a woman who's pregnancy didn't show up on an EPT until the 2nd month, although that's rare, I don't want this negative test to get me down, cause my body is telling me, practically screaming "your pregnant!" lolHow early can you see a doctor to know that their tests are going to be accurate?Ok, and if anyone cares to tell me if they know... when does excessive cervical mucus begin to appear in huge quantities?
- A: Anytime you test before missing a period, you risk testing too early and getting a false result. And symptoms are unreliable indicators of pregnancy because the symptoms could be from all sorts of things and not just pregnancy.While it is possible that you are pregnant and just tested too early, the best thing to know for sure is to wait and see if you miss a period, then test. Or just go to the doctor for a definitive answer.
Prev Question: What pregnancy test is the most sensitive
People also view