What does an abscessed tooth feel like
A:An abscessed tooth is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or between the gum and a tooth. It's caused by severe decay. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-an-abscessed-tooth-feel-like ]
More Answers to "What does an abscessed tooth feel like"
- What does an abscessed tooth feel like
- An abscessed tooth is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or between the gum and a tooth. It's caused by severe decay.
- What does an abscess tooth feel like?
- usually a dull throbbing pain that hurts without stimuli and gets progressivly worse more sensitive to hot and cold will usually make it feel better, especially right after something hot
- When will I feel better after an extraction of an abscessed tooth...?
- It is going to hurt to have it pulled when it is abscessed but it will feel better very soon after. I had one pulled while it was abscessed and it was very painful but I am very thankful I did it. I couldnt have stood the pain from the absc...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Isn't seven weeks a ridiculously long time to ask someone with an abscessed tooth?
- Q: to wait to have it extracted? I have been a patient of this particular oral surgeon for four years, so I'm not walking in off the street. Shouldn't an office have time slots for emergency visits? Why would this not be considered an emergency? I have already taken one round of antibiotics, but my tooth still hurts, the glands in my neck hurt (on the side of the abscessed tooth), and I just generally feel ill. I am completely dumbfounded that an oral surgeon's office would actually ask someone to suffer seven weeks before having their tooth extracted. What do you think? (Please don't state the obvious, which is that I could see someone else. There is a reason I'd like to stay with this practice if at all possible, but right now, I'm really pissed.)
- A: As a dentist I can assure you that waiting this long with an abscess is extremely dangerous. You need to call this dentist back and ask for an emergency appointment, if he/she is not willing to do so then I highly recommend that you find another dentist. An abscess can be life threatening if not treated as this infection can have the ability to spread to other areas of the body via the bloodstream. This can cause upper airway obstructions, and can spread to the heart and brain. PLEASE see this dentist or another dentist ASAP!! Good luck!
- My front teeth feel like they're going to fall out?
- Q: Since Saturday I had a small abscess on my right cheek, I've had it before but I don't have a dentist anymore so I just took pain killers and some [out of date] antibiotics I had from before. The abscess feeling got better but I started getting a strange feeling in my two front top teeth about three days ago, they just feel..really noticeable and it makes me keep touching them with my other teeth and they feel OK when i puff out my top lip...as I've been touching them a lot one of them seems to be moving. I don't know what to do and its making me really upset and just wanting to sleep all day. I also got a stomach/chest pain yesterday and today but I thinkthat'ss gotten better now and I assume it was the OODantibioticss that I took about 6 of (not all at once).What can I do? What could it be?They weren't proper antibiotics, they're red circles think it begins with an E.. Emyr..or something, I don't know. Not penicilin anyway, my dad got them before as he's allergic to penicilin but the ones I took were for some problem I had..don't even remember what it was, but I got given many packs of them.
- A: You need proper penicillin.Absecess WILL loosen your teeth. Once the infection is cleared, you will find that they tighten up again, but you MUST get this infection dealt with. Not wanting to scare you, the infection will spread if you don't.
- do i have an Abscessed tooth?
- Q: Just a month ago, my bottom left jaw started to swell. Days after that it calmed down and stoped hurting. It also got smaller. So just a few days ago i put my finger where it swelled up and i felt a bump. Every time i press on the bump it feels like the inside of my tooth is hurting. If i have an Abscessed tooth. What will they do to my tooth? Oh yeah and 2 weeks before the swelling i had got a filling and the dentist said it was deep.
- A: Hi,Most likely you WILL need a "Root Canal Treatment" or RCT or "Nerve Treatement" of the tooth since you mentioned that the filling placed two weeks prior to the episode was "deep". The symptoms that you described are consistent with dental abscess. DO NOT apply heat. That will cause the swelling to increase. Also, the pressure will buil up but won't have anywhere to drain. Therefore, the pain will get unbearable.The following article will explain what RCT means and what to expect : http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/677151/what_is_root_canal_treatment.htmlHope this helps. Good luck !!
Prev Question: What are some symptoms of an abscess tooth
People also view