How many dreams do you have in one night
The average person has about 3 to 5 dreams per night, but some may have up to 7 dreams in one night. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-dreams-do-you-have-in-one-night ]
More Answers to "How many dreams do you have in one night"
- Do we have more than one dream a night??
- Video: Chris Idzikowski (Director of the Edinburgh Sleep Centre) gives expert advice on: Do we have more than one dream a night?
- Why do my dreams repeat twice in one night?
- I`ve gone through the same thing only i woke up. But this probably happens because of whats in your head...most people think the events in your dreams are the events in you head before you went to sleep. So you probably had the same dream b...
- What happens when you have two very scary dreams in one night??
- When I have a scary dream, I ask myself this first: Was I over sleeping and the dream was an alarm clock so I would be sure to get where I need to go that day and avoid problems? Dreams that make me angry are often alarm clocks too. The dr...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many dreams in one night does the average person have?
- Q: And how long does each dream last?
- A: I heard it was 7... but i don't know
- Why do we have many dreams one night and then none on another?
- A: Dreams we remember and are vivid are usually something that the unconscious mind wants to communicate with us, as the only way it can is through images and symbols. Sometimes these dreams can wake us up so they will make an impression on us. In general, we always dream in REM sleep. There have been scientific experiments done on rats that have hooked up small wires in their short-term and long-term memory centers. Scans and EEGs were done on the rats who were run through a certain maze to find the way to food. The same patterns of the scans and EEGs were repeated during REM sleep in the rats. Evidently the main purpose of dreams in higher animals is to sort the short-term memory center, transfer the important things to the long term memory center, and dump the unimportant. It is assumed that the same mechanism is in humans, although the job is extended to form concepts and generalize learning. That is how you have your idea of what a dog is to you. Is it a cocker spaniel or a great dane, for instance. Your concepts become symbols to your unconscious and it uses them in dreams to communicate messages to you. Sometimes your higher self or spiritual influences will use the same tools.
- How many dreams so someone have a night?
- Q: Someone once told me that you have thousands of dreams a night. But if thats true then why do we only remember none or one and how can they have that many in a matter of 8 hours.?
- A: REM sleep occurs every 90 - 100 minutes, 3 to 4 times a night, and lasts longer as the night progresses. The final REM period may last as long as 45 minutes. Less vivid dreams occur at other times during the night.
Prev Question: How do you help someone with depression
People also view