When you have mono why can't you play contact sports
Your spleen may be enlarged while you have mono. A blow to the abdomen could rupture the enlarged spleen and cause bleeding. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-you-have-mono-why-can%27t-you-play-contact-sports ]
More Answers to "When you have mono why can't you play contact sports"
- Why do I need to avoid contact sports while I have mono??
- Many people who have mono have enlargement of the liver or spleen . When these organs are enlarged they are much more sensitive to injury from rough contact. That's why many health professionals believe that it's best to avoid contact sport...
- Can someone compete in a contact sport with mono?
- No.･ 1. You could make your mono worse by tiring yourself. ･ 2. Your kidneys swell when you have mono and are highly susceptible to trauma injuries. ･ 3. You're rather contagious and could easily infect your opponent(s) and teammates.
- Can i swim, surf, and run with mono sense they arent contact spor...?
- you really shouldn't since mono makes you so tired! you don't want to be completely exhausted and get even more sick!
Prev Question: How long do canker soars last
People also view