What would cause blood in nasal mucus
Blood in nasal mucus usually means some small blood vessels have become irritated. Keep your nose moisturized with saline spray. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-would-cause-blood-in-nasal-mucus ]
More Answers to "What would cause blood in nasal mucus"
- Can I overuse my neti pot? Could it cause blood in nasal mucus??
- Salt will cause some drying but it sounds like the infection is coming out. You might want to try a product called Alkolol if you can get it in your area. http://www.alkalolcompany.com/ It's extremely soothing and very affordable.
- What are causes of blood in your nasal mucus??
- It is most likely from the sinus infection. Don't mess around with them! If they become very advanced, they can cause very serious side affects. The only way to get rid of a sinus infection is to take antibiotics. Sure signs of a sinus in...
- What does it mean when there is blood in nasal mucus when you blo...?
- This happens a lot when you are blowing you nose often, especially if you have a cold. The dry air will also cause your nose to bleed some. Try to be more gentile when you blow your nose. Some warm moist air will also help. They sell vapori...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are causes of blood in your nasal mucus?
- Q: Ive had a sinus infection for the past week, my symptoms are chronic head/eye aches and stuffiness of the nose. I have been taking sudafed and ibuprofen but then yesterday my nasal discharge started to turn to a pinkish brown color. Is this a cause of the medicines or my infection? I have no med insurance so i cant see a doctor so please help.
- A: It is most likely from the sinus infection. Don't mess around with them! If they become very advanced, they can cause very serious side affects. The only way to get rid of a sinus infection is to take antibiotics. Sure signs of a sinus infection are pains in your forehead (which is where the sinus cavity is located) when you blow your nose, having a headache in the front of your head, and yellow, green, or bloody mucus when you blow your nose.
- Baby has blood in his nasal mucus?
- Q: My son is just getting over an awful cold and when he sneezes, he still makes an awful mess (mucus everywhere, ick!) Today my husband noticed some blood in his mucus when my son sneezed. It's not a lot, and it's not blood dripping from his nostrils. I know that as adults we sometimes get this during a cold or when the heat is on too high. Is this a cause for concern? My husband is on hold with the pediatrician and worried so we're hoping to get a faster answer on here.
- A: No worries..........it is just as you stated like an adult would get. It is easy for the blood vessels in the nose to get irritated and bleed a little. If the blood was dripping out then I would be more likely to get worried.
- my wife (25 years) has blood in his nasal mucus?
- Q: My wife is just getting over an cold and couple of weeks back she had blood in her mucus, it was not dripping but just stuck in the mucus. We went to doctor and he took X-ray of her lungs and said that she does not have any problem. Today also she noticed some blood in her mucus. It's not a much, and it's not blood dripping from her nostrils. I know that as adults we sometimes get this during a cold or when the heat is on too high. Is this a cause for concern? My wife is worried so I am hoping to get a faster answer on here.
- A: Since the chest x-ray does not show anything, you can rule out pneumonia. Nosebleeds are quite common because thin blood vessels are found just below the surface of the mucosal lining. When they break, you get a slight nosebleed.I would not worry too much as she is still very young. For people in their middle age, regular nosebleed can indicate nasopharyngeal cancer.You may read up the following article for peace of mind:http://www.sinusinfectionhelp.com/nasopharyngeal_cancer.htmlhttp://www.sinusinfectionhelp.com/sinusitis_and_nosebleed.htmlHope this helps.Cheers!
Prev Question: What should you do if you are really dizzy
People also view