What is a good beverage to drink when you have a sore throat
Hot pineapple juice, orange juice, and cloves, with a few cinnamon sticks thrown in for good measure. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-good-beverage-to-drink-when-you-have-a-sore-throat ]
More Answers to "What is a good beverage to drink when you have a sore throat"
- Can i drink alcohol when i have a sore throat?
- Be very careful about hydration. Alcohol is dehydrating, and when you are sick you need extra fluids. I suggest you drink one glass of water for every alcoholic beverage, and drink several before the party. You will spend a lot of time in t...
- What should i eat/drink for a sore throat?
- Try these home remedies for a sore throat: - Stir a teaspoon of salt into1 pint of warm or room-temperature water and gargle with it every hour. Do not swallow it - Mix a cup of juice of tomato and one teaspoon of powdered garlic and drink ...
- What's the best thing to drink for a sore throat??
- The best thing for a sore throat is to gargle with hot (as hot as you can stand it) salt water. That is what my doctor recommends and believe it or not it works! Other, than that I would suggest green tea.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What to drink when having sore throat?
- Q: ive been sick past few days but today im starting to feel better. The scratchy throat I had is nearly gone. I just finished eating soup and now im very thirsty, so what can I drink that wont irritate my throat? cold or warm beverages?
- A: I'm in the same situation...lots of people are sick around this time.i've found that orange juice is very good.it's soothing and still tastes good even if you have that bland taste in your mouth.
- What should I drink with a soar throat?
- Q: I have a really bad soar throat, it been about 4 days. I can barely swallow without my throat feeling like its getting ripped in half...I try not to swallow when i dont have to, but its natural to just swallow your saliva. I have tryed milk, water, ginger ale...what drink would be good to drink for my sore throat??first good beverage gets a best answer! ; )SORE*** not soar lol
- A: Gargle with warm (not hot) salt water - mild, not strong.I've always had good luck with drinking soda or orange juice in the past. But I don't drink any of that stuff anymore, which is probably one reason I don't get sick anymore. Soda, milk and fruit juice can make you more congested, even if they soothe your throat in the short term. Kind of ironic.Try some nice warm herb tea, and stay away from cold drinks, even ice water.
- Is it ok to have cold drinks when you have a cold and sore-throat?
- Q: Is there any medical evidence that having cold beverages (water, beer, pop, etc.) makes the common cold any worse?
- A: No evidence, other than common sense. It FEELS better to drink something warm when you have a sore throat. And don't forget, one of your bodies MAIN defenses is raising your temperature. Cold virus don't reproduce well at higher temperatures.
Prev Question: How do you relieve the pain of a canker sore
People also view