Is there a cure for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
There is no immediate cure for PTSD, but with therapy many people can get through it in a reasonable about of time! ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-there-a-cure-for-post-traumatic-stress-disorder ]
More Answers to "Is there a cure for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"
- Is there a cure for post tramatic stress disorder?
- They are not clinically proven to "cure" PTSD in any shape or form, but the National Institute of Mental Health has recently suggested that patients should continue to take prescribed drugs, such as Paxil and Zoloft, to improve th...
- Is there a way to cure Post Traumatic Stress Disorder??
- It is God who cured me! He has been with me all the way, through thick and thin, down to the bottom and back up again! I may still be a little carazy but, in a positively good way! :D
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is there a way to cure Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
- Q: It is difficult to function when feeling this.I might be a little crazy too, but mostly in a good way.
- A: It is God who cured me! He has been with me all the way, through thick and thin, down to the bottom and back up again!I may still be a little carazy but, in a positively good way! :D
- I think I have Post Traumatic Stress disorder.How can I know and cure it without going to a phychologist etc?
- Q: I had a bad scuba diving accident after being a diving instructor for 10 years. I was supported by my boyfriend who died 2 weeks later from shallow water blackout. This is the 2nd time a boyfriend has dies. First time from brain cancer. I am trying emotional freedom technique. Don't really wat to get into therapy. I am living with my mom since a year back. Am 43 and still a bit disabled from the accident. (No financial help) I was previously living mostly overseas in Thailand/Malaysia. Now I need to return to work ( hopefully diving) Since I am running out of $$ and friends and family willing to support me. www.dream-mermaid.com
- A: The reason why you would have to go see a shrink in the first place is because your post trauma is caused by the fact you won't get over it which is hard to do. You must realize that it has nothing to do with you and that this fear of someone ending up hurt is just a fear and not true. Remember fear is inside you, you are bigger than it.
- I've been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder is there anyone who can tell me if there is a cure
- A: Lou, I have had problems ever since I got back from Vietnam. That has been over 30 years now. You tell me. Of course it sometimes gets better and sometimes gets worse. Gets better when we are not at war. When was that, again? Gets worse around Fourth of July when idiots set off explosives right outside the window. I don't know. I think meds dull you down and dumb you out. But I take meds to get to sleep at night, so who am I to talk? I also take meds for the pain in my leg. Sometimes talking with other survivors of what you have been through helps. Sometimes. I found that talking with shrinks that hadn't been in combat was worthless. And being with other vets sometimes got to be a pity party. All I can tell you is that it sometimes gets better. You lived through a hell. Congrats and welcome home. Some did not survive whatever you made it through, right? Hope you continue to make it, Lou. Honest. Hope I do too... today, one day at a time.
Prev Question: Is Alcohol is bad for you kidneys? Or your liver
People also view