Is milk bad for a upset stomach
Milk actually causes the stomach to become more acidic. Try 7up or gingerale instead to help an upset stomach. ~ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-milk-bad-for-a-upset-stomach ]
More Answers to "Is milk bad for a upset stomach"
- Does milk help an upset stomach?
- I love a glass of very cold milk but sometimes it makes me double over in stomach shock. The sudden pain goes away as fast as it comes but I have learned to let it sit for a few minutes out of the fridge and the shock does not seem to hit m...
- Does drinking milk help an upset stomach?
- No. Lactose only upsets one's stomach more with a stomach ache. Stay away from cheese, ice cream, milk, milk/white chocolate etc. Wrong. Milk neutralizes stomach acid and in doing so helps.
- Is soda and milk make you upset stomach?
- You mean "does soda and milk make your stomach upset? In that case, not really. I've had them both this week, ice cream and coke and felt fine. I would guess that if someone has that combination the culprit would be the milk because s...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why does skim milk make my stomach upset but 2% doesnt?
- Q: I am not truly lactose intolerant but I do get a bad stomach ache after drinking skim milk, when I drink 2% Im fine (I drink it almost everyday) why is this? Is there a higher level of lactose in skim milk or does the fat in 2% help balance the lactose? Just curious because I am trying to lose weight and just cannot seem to give up my 2% milk.
- A: I have the same problem.
- why does chocolate milk give me an upset stomach?
- Q: i just drank some chocolate milk, and about 2 minutes later my stomach started to hurt really bad and i had to go to the bathroom. this happens basically everytime i have chocolate milk, and sometimes with just chocolate too. i'm not really sure what it is though, any ideas?it happens when i drink milk fairly often. mostly 2 or 1 %. i started drinking soy milk a while ago cuz i was tired of the stomach pains.
- A: It sounds like it's the milk and not just the chocolate, if you ask your doctor they can do a simple blood test to rule out if you are allergic to diary/milk.
- I'm lactose intolerant, but soy milk upsets my stomach also?
- Q: Is there something in soy milk that could be upsetting my stomach like regular milk does? I know there's no lactose, but I seem to be having the same effects, if not worse. The vanilla just upsets my stomach, but the chocolate does that and gives me a headache.As a side note, has anyone had these same effects and switched to another brand that didn't give you any problems? If so, which brand worked for you?Thank you so much!
- A: I am in the same boat and I use Rice milk. I like the almond flavor in my cereal. The chocolate is good too. You can find it a a Whole Food store or a regular grocery store in the organic section. I like it.
Prev Question: Can cats get the flu
People also view