Is gonorrhea curable
Yes. Your doctor can prescribe antibiotics that will cure the infection. It is caused by a bacterium called Neisseria gonorrhoeae. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-gonorrhea-curable ]
More Answers to "Is gonorrhea curable"
- Is Gonorrhea Curable?
- Yes. Your doctor can prescribe antibiotics that will cure the infection.
- What is gonnorrhea?
- Gonorrhea (GC) is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease that is fully curable if diagnosed and treated correctly. Symptoms in men are: a pus type discharge from the urethra (opening of the penis) and usually, burning with urination. In w...
- What STDs are not curable?
- Viral STI'S - Infections that are not curable Hepatitis B - Treatable, not curable HIV/AIDS - Treatable, not curable HPV / Genital Warts - Treatable, not curable Genital Herpes - Treatable, not curable
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is Gonorrhea and Chlamydia curable diseases, and lets say you have been experiencing the symptons for 5 days.?
- Q: Have I waited to long to see a doctor yet?
- A: yes they are both curable. See and doctor ASAP!
- are most STDs curable or will you die from them?
- Q: I was under the impression that if you get an STD, you will generally die sooner due to health complications. But after reading on the most common ones such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and HPV, these are curable with antibiotics. Does this mean it cures the disease completely, or just breakouts?
- A: Not all STDs are curable, but some are.Bacterial STDs, such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis are completely curable with antibiotics. If you treat them this way, they you will successfully get rid of the infection and it will not spontaneously come back. However, this does nto mean you are immune to them. Even if you've had a bacterial STD once and successfully cured it, you can still contract it agian. Also, even though it is curable, if Syphilis is left untreated it can lead to some serious health problems and even Death. The viral STDs, such as HIV, Herpes, and HPV are NOT curable. However, most HPV infections clear up on their own and there are many treatment options; they are generally harmless unless you contract one of the strains that can lead to cervical cancer- then you may have a problem, so it is important to get checked. Herpes, although not curable and quite possibley a big nuissance, will not lead to death. HIV, if progressed to AIDS, is certainly fatal; however, with a strict meds regimen, a good diet, lots of exercise, and overall good health practices, people living HIV can lead very long, healthy lives nowadays. So to sum it up, STDs are not death sentences. However, all STDs pose the risk of creating other health problems that you will not want to deal with, so it is still important to be safe and use protection. Also, upon possible exposure to an STD, it is best to be tested as soon as possible so you can be treated as soon as possible to try to minimize complications.
- What STDs are curable?
- Q: I know Gonorrhea is curable, but what other ones are? Is syphilis? Chlamydia?Thanks.Thanks man.
- A: Curable STDs Chlamydia Gonorrhea Syphilis Trichomoniasis Vaginal Infections
Prev Question: How long do they usually last
People also view