How long does heart burn last
Heartburn can last a few min to several days. If it persists please contact your health care provider. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-heart-burn-last ]
More Answers to "How long does heart burn last"
- How Long Does Heart Burn Last?
- Heart Burn does not last very long. If you experience it for more than 6 hours i highly recommend going to the doctors because this is a symptom of heart attacks. My grandma complained of having heart burn and needing to "burp" an...
- Does heartburn ever last this long?
- Not usually. You do have a muscle that can help play into the problems as it is happening now. That muscle is under your chin and if it is released then you might also get rid of half of the problem. Here is how to release that muscle: Unde...
- How Long Can Heartburn Last?
- Heartburn is a rather common medical condition that affects not the heart, but the stomach and the surrounding muscles. The pain associated with this illness is usually very difficult to bear and can prevent a person from functioning normal...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How Long Does Heart Burn Last?
- Q: I'm just wondering (on average) how long a case of heart burn usually lasts. I've never had it before but I ate a bunch of peanut butter on saltines really late last night & went right to bed afterwards.I woke up feeling terrible this morning & I even threw up. I took some Pepto Bismol & it's helping but I'm just wondering how long I should be expecting to feel the symptoms. The rest of the day? A few days?ThanksI'm 20 years old.
- A: Heart Burn does not last very long. If you experience it for more than 6 hours i highly recommend going to the doctors because this is a symptom of heart attacks. My grandma complained of having heart burn and needing to "burp" and it didnt go away, and that night she had a heart attack. This might not be the case if you are young, but if it doesn't go away by tonight, you may want to go to the doctor.
- Heart Burn?
- Q: Hi, I went to the doc a couple of months ago because I have started to get heart burn....Last night I had heart burn really bad ...to the point where it made me not hungry and made me cought a couple of times....took some pepto and had a bottle of water...seem to help for a while and it finaly went away........today woke up.....have a little bit of burping going on but not to bad but my chest is sore and in the middle of my back........how long does this last...???
- A: depends on the person..could go right away could last for days..you may need to ask your doc if you need a prescription....I found you don't need to take it every day just when there's a flare up..and most important (because you want to restrict you prescription needs as much as possible) watch what triggers the event..may be as simple as watch what you eat or just the quantity.hope this is the answer you're looking for. :)
- I've been having a lot of heart burn lately....?
- Q: I'm only 14 and I have had a lot of heart burn lately. Itt doesn't last that long but I'm kinda concerned. What is wrong with me?
- A: Well, for someone your age, its more then likely diet. If you drink/eat a lot of high acidic things (soda, tomato paste, oranges) it can/will cause heart burn. Also, stress can also create heart burn. Try to eat/drink better, and lower stress levels and see where you are. if it continues after that, call your doctor.
Prev Question: What is the cause of a urinary track infection
People also view