How do you prevent diabetes
One of the easiest ways to prevent it is by diet and exercise, this can also "cure" it after you have it. This is for Type-2. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-prevent-diabetes ]
More Answers to "How do you prevent diabetes"
- Find out more about the risk factors for type 2 diabetes and what you can do to prevent or delay diabetes. You can do a lot to lower your chances of getting diabetes — you can be stronger than diabetes.
- ･ 1 When seeking how to prevent diabetes, the first thing a person can do is watch your weight. Studies... ･ 2 Another way how to prevent diabetes is to exercise. Exercising regularly improves blood sugar control... ･ 3 Again, the misconcep...
- The basic things are to eat several well-balanced meals during the day (protein plus complex carbohydrates (fruits and vegetables), exercise 30 to 40 minutes a day or more, get enough sleep and avoid gaining more than a few pounds of weight...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Anything I can do now to later prevent gestational diabetes?
- Q: I have been eating healthy during pregnancy. Fruits, berries. Should I be cutting out stuff like sugar and carbs to help prevent diabetes?Also I'm going to start walking at least 30 mins a day too.
- A: You are doing just fine. Of course you don't want to eat a bunch of sweets (it's not healthy for you or baby) but fruits and berries provide lots of nutrients that a growing baby needs, even if they do have sugar. Eating "too much sugar" does not cause gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes, like type 1 and type 2 diabetes is not related to how much sugar you eat. Gestational diabetes is the result of the hormones throwing the body out of whack. This is why it goes away when the pregnancy is over. Not sure how far along you are, but eventually (or maybe you already did) you'll have a glucose tolerance test where you're drink a glucose solution and have your blood tested to see how well you're metabolizing sugar. If your results are good, you can continue to eat a healthy diet. If your sugar comes back elevated, they will do a repeat test to determine whether or not you have gestational diabetes, then you will have to watch how much sugar and carbs you're consuming. For now, just continue to eat healthy... fruits, veggies, whole grains and protein (through beans, nuts or lean meats).
- Is there anything to prevent diabetes to occur if you halfway have it..if it is in its early stages?
- Q: I am going to the doctor to check if i have diabetes. Can he give me medicine or a pill or anything to help my body in case i dont have diabetes yet but it is on its way? is there any way to prevent it?
- A: Have your doc measure your c-peptide. If c-peptide is high, but your sugar levels are normal that means that you are producing more insulin than normal, but the extra insulin is keeping your sugar under control. High insulin levels in your body can cause other problems. If your c-peptide is high there is a drug called metformin that may appropiate for you.Diet and exercise are also important. Exercise increases your insulin sensitiviety and lets you make the most of the insulin you produce. Your age would have been helpful
- Can exercise and weight loss prevent diabetes?
- Q: I'm kinda chubby and I'm trying to lose weight, but I was wondering, does exercise and weight loss help to prevent diabetes? I'm looking for serious answers and I'd love credible links and research if that wouldn't be too much trouble. It just seems so prevalent nowadays, that I want to take the initiative to try and insure that I never get it, but I don't know if there is anything you could do. Will exercise and weightloss work? Thanks. :)Thanks for all the answers so far. I just want to clarify, I don't have diabetes or anything, but I know with the bit of extra weight, I could potentially be at risk if I were to gain weight, so I just want to lose the little extra I have. Thanks again.
- A: Here is a helpful website, hope it is helpful:http://ndep.nih.gov/diabetes/prev/prevention.htm
Prev Question: What is abscesses
People also view