Can dogs catch the flu
Most dogs catch the mild form of the flu, a canine flu that is. 90 to 95% bounce back to full health. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-dogs-catch-the-flu ]
More Answers to "Can dogs catch the flu"
- Can your dog catch the flu?
- Yes like all animals she could catch it but like my dog when I first got her as a puppy we took her to the vet for her distemper shot (no that doesn't keep her calm) It's a shot that keeps your dog safe from any sickness from you that might...
- When should i go to the doctor if i think i got the flu?
- The Flu Risk Factors. The flu usually begins abruptly, with a fever between 102 to 106?F. (An adult typically has a lower fever than a child) Other common symptoms include a flushed face, body aches, and lack of energy. Some people have ...
- How Could My Dog Catch Canine Influenza Virus?
- CIV is easily transmitted between dogs through a combination of aerosols, droplets and direct contact with respiratory secretions. The virus does not survive for a long time in the environment, so dogs usually get CIV when they are in close...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can pets like cats and dogs catch swine flu?
- Q: Is what humans are getting the same as swine or did it mutate?But if it mutated so people can spread it to one another, couldn't it mutate again to attack other animals?
- A: Hi. I had the same question, and found a good, helpful article about pets and swine flu here:http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7793-Broward-County-Cat-Care-Examiner~y2009m4d27-Can-pets-catch-swine-flu-Facts-about-cats-and-dogsHope that helps!
- Can dogs catch a cold or flu from humans?
- Q: ive got the flu real bad and im worried to go to close to my dog incase he gets it? can he catch it from me?
- A: yeah my dog sometimes gets my colds.. not majorly but he gets a snotty nose and goes a little quiet on me
- Can dogs catch the stomach flu and common cold like humans can? my dog seems to be sick?
- Q: my dog threw up today. he lacks energy and just rested all day. His nose is dry too. He played with another dog last night for quite awhile. Is he exausted or truly sick?
- A: Dogs don't catch colds or the flu the way people do, but they can develop upper respiratory infections. They can get upset stomachs etc. too, either simply from eating something they shouldn't or as a result of catching one of the canine illnesses that effect the intenstines and digestive tract.Lethargy (unusual tiredness) is another symptom of illness, either minor or major. If your dog is consistently having diarrhea or vomiting and seems very tired, he's most likely sick. If it's a simple upset tummy, the diarrhea or vomiting will be short lived and although he may look poorly for a day or so he'll recover just fine.However, if he continues to vomit or have diarrhea he will get dehydrated and that can be serious. If you're in any doubt or worried please see your veterinarian as soon as possible.For info. on common dog illnesses please see the url below.
Prev Question: Why does my stomach hurt so bad
People also view