How many calories does it take to burn off one pound
There are 3500 calories in one pound of fat. To lose one pound, you need to burn 3500 calories. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-does-it-take-to-burn-off-one-pound ]
More Answers to "How many calories does it take to burn off one pound"
- How many calories do I need to burn to lose one pound??
- One pound of body fat is equal to 3500 calories. A healthy rate of weight loss is approximately one to two pounds per week. If you are losing faster than that you may be losing bone and muscle mass in addition to fat. In order to average on...
- How many calories do I have to burn to lose 1 lb??
- I recently started calorie tracking and have been keeping tracking of exercise... I would suggest keeping track of how many calories you eat each day for a week or so if you don't already know for sure how much you're eating. I know you sai...
- How many calories need to be burned to lose 1 pound??
- I would not suggest 500 calories a day. stick with 1500 and exercise every day.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories does it take to burn off 1 pound?
- Q: I seem to be stuck at 220 pounds. I try to do a 40 minute workout everyday in which my goal is to burn off the same amount of calories that I ate in the day. Although, I may miss 1 or 2 days workout. Any ideas? Maybe I'm just impatient.
- A: There are approximately 3500 calories in a pound of fat. Of course, just exercising until you put up that number on an exercise machine does not necessarily translate directly into a pound of fat lost. Exercise in the morning, it will boost your metabolism throughout the day. Wait an hour to eat after you have exercised. Diet is important, it isn't just how many calories you eat, but what type and when. Eat healthy foods in six small meals per day coming to roughly 1500 calories per day. Also, weight training is great for burning fat as it takes calories to lift weights and your body burns calories as it builds up new muscle, not to mention that muscle mass also burns more energy. If you alternate weight training and cardio, you can work out six times a week without the risk of overtraining. Finally, give yourself a free day where you work out and eat whatever you want. Yes, whatever you want. Two Big Macs for lunch? Knock yourself out. This may seem crazy but the free day will send a message to your body that you are receiving plenty of calories in your diet, so there is no reason to go into a fat storing mode the rest of the days you work out. It will be impossible to ruin your diet completely on your free day unless you are a total glutton and somehow manage to eat tens of thousands of calories on that one day.
- how many calories do men get a day,2000 or 2500 and how many calories does it take to burn off a pound?
- Q: do you have to exercise to burn calories
- A: You need to burn about 3500 cal more than your food intake for 1 pound. And you burn calories all the time even while sleeping. But surely the less you do the less you burn. You can calculate that here for yourself.http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htmor herehttp://www.calorie-count.com/calories/calories-burned.phpThe amount of calories you burn depends on your activity level the more you do the more you burn. If you sleep all day you should get a lot less then 2,000 calories.
- how many calories does it take to burn of one pound off weight?
- Q: do tread mills help to lose weight
- A: 3500 agreed
Prev Question: What is a good way to your build your stamina
People also view