What What is the melting point of gold
1064.18 degrees Celcius. Thanks for asking ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-what-is-the-melting-point-of-gold ]
More Answers to "What What is the melting point of gold"
- What is the melting and boiling point of gold?
- Why are you listening to "different people". Look it up in a definitive source. Start with Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold 1337K, 3129K Then try various on-line periodic tables: http://www.dayah.com/periodic/ 1337K an...
- What is the melting point for gold in celsius?
- 1064.18 0 C more info in link below.
- Why cant you use a mercury thermometer to measure the melting poi...?
- The thermometer would melt because the melting point of gold is far too hot for the mercury thermometer and would burst.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Name of the compound added to gold to lower down its melting point.?
- Q: it is a sulphur compound and makes easier to melt gold which otherwise has very high melting point.
- A: As stated above, the "flux" is commonly "borax". In metallurgy, a flux a material that aids in smelting by assisting the flow of the molten metal or slag. Borax is sodium borate: Na2B4O7·10H2O or Na2[B4O5(OH)4]·8H2O. It is sometimes called or sodium tetraborate or disodium tetraborate.
- What is the melting point of Gold, Silver and Copper?
- A: The melting point of copper is 1083°C or 1981.4°FThe melting point of silver is 961°C or 1761.8°FThe melting point of gold is 1063°C or 1945.4°F
- How are the melting and freezing points of gold the same temperature?
- Q: the melting point of gold is 1064 C, and the freezing point i have found to be 1064 C as well... how is this possible, and am i even correct? help me!
- A: Well think of it this way.The melting and freezing point of water (ice) is 0 C.So if you start at -4, and heat it up to 0, it can then start to melt. If you have it at +4, and cool it back down to zero, then it can start to refreeze.Think of the "gold" as just the ice form of it, and melted its like water. Works the same way!
Prev Question: How does being high feel
People also view