Is it bad to take advil and drink alcohol
Drinking alcohol while taking advil could intensify the side effects and you need to talk to your doctor before you take Advil if you drink more than 3 drinks with alcohol per day. Otherwise you should be okay. ChaCha with us again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-bad-to-take-advil-and-drink-alcohol ]
More Answers to "Is it bad to take advil and drink alcohol"
- Is it bad for your liver to take Advil after you have drank alcoh...?
- It's fine, just don't take more than the recommended dose on the bottle. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is worse on the liver than Advil is. You'd really have to drink a lot and take Advil/Tylenol regularly (or huge doses) for it to harm you.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it bad to take advil when drinking alcohol?
- Q: I heard it is bad for you to take advil while drinking. I also heard it can even make you a bit more drunk because it thins your blood is this true?Also...is tylenol or motrin any better?
- A: it doesnt make you more drunk. it thins blood by affecting the clotting mechanism of platelets, which has nothing to do with how alcohol is metabolized in the liver. not related at all.what is related, however, is that taking tylenol, advil, motrin while drinking alcohol is damaging to the liver. if you combined any of those with alcohol you are destroying liver cells. inappropriate use of over the counter pain medication is the #1 case of acute liver failure in the U.S.
- Is it bad for your liver to take Advil after you have drank alcohol?
- Q: Lets say you have a headache before you go out for the night, is it bad to take advil then lets say an hour later have some beers?Then lets say on another night you are out drinking and then you get a headache, is it bad to take some advil after you have already drank that night?Why or why not?Do I listen to the RN or the other people?? I need some more answers here....or can the RN please add details to her answer.
- A: It's fine, just don't take more than the recommended dose on the bottle. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is worse on the liver than Advil is. You'd really have to drink a lot and take Advil/Tylenol regularly (or huge doses) for it to harm you.
- Can I take advil now after I drank alcohol?
- Q: last night between 8-9pm I had like half a beer maybe a shot of vodka, didn't get drunk or anything im only 15 btw. Im not gonna do it again cuz i have the worst headache its now 8:30, can i take to ibrophen (advil) to help my head i guess its been about 9 hours
- A: I wouldn't do it. The only cure to a hangover is time.
Prev Question: How do you make THC lip balm
People also view