Are bed bugs poisonous
Its bite causes irritation in many individuals, but it is not known to transmit diseases.It will feed on other mammals and poultry [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-bed-bugs-poisonous ]
More Answers to "Are bed bugs poisonous"
- Are bed bugs poisonous?
- They are non-venomous & do not ttransmit disease. They are a nuisance parasite.
- Can bed bugs be dangerous/poisonous/venomous?
- Actually, bed bugs are not known as a major vector of disease. They don't transmit malaria, or encephalitis or other diseases the way mosquitoes do (for instance). All they do is suck your blood while you're asleep, and poop little blood st...
- Can bed bugs give you an infection? Are they poisonous??
- Bed bugs bite and bites can become infected if you scratch at them. However, bed bugs are not poisonous, they are just a nuisance.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- are bed bugs poisonous? and if not bed bugs do spiders bite at night?
- A: I don't believe bed bugs are poisonous, and yes, spiders may bite you at night, in fact most of the time they probably bite at night as most bites go unnoticed - however, you can usually tell from either though if you happen to find a bite mark in the morning. Wounds inflicted by a poisonous spider are also generally noticeable, I think with a white spot directly over the bite mark with a red circle around it (that usually gets larger or is very large), called a bullseye, usually means a poisonous spider has bitten you. Most spiders are usually too small or their poison too weak (for most spiders are also poisonous) to do any damage. If there's redness, swelling, itching, or pain, it was probably poisonous - as for whether or not it would harm you, I doubt it. If problems such as shortness of breath or major aches a bit after the bite occur, check with a doctor.
- can bed bugs be dangerous/poisonous/venomous?
- Q: we think we found a bedbug and wrry that there might be more in the house and I've been Entomophobic as long as i can remember. when i see a bug i get so scared i run away/hide/freak out/my stress level rises significantly etc. If they are poisonous/venomous/dangerous then I HAVE TO KNOW.
- A: Actually, bed bugs are not known as a major vector of disease. They don't transmit malaria, or encephalitis or other diseases the way mosquitoes do (for instance).All they do is suck your blood while you're asleep, and poop little blood stains onto your bed sheets. Which is really icky, but not life threatening.Their saliva isn't venomous, but as your body reacts to it, it usually produces itching and rashes. Which just adds to the ick factor.So they aren't really a health issue, other than the stress they generate and potential lack of sleep for their victims.
- Can bed bugs give you an infection? Are they poisonous?
- A: Bed bugs bite and bites can become infected if you scratch at them. However, bed bugs are not poisonous, they are just a nuisance.
Prev Question: What gene is affected in tay sachs disease
People also view