What is the daily recommended amount of protein for women
It is recommended women eat 46-50 grams of protein daily. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-daily-recommended-amount-of-protein-for-women ]
More Answers to "What is the daily recommended amount of protein for women"
- How many grams of Protein is recommended for a pregnant women per...?
- Always consult your doctor but I'd recommend multiplying your bodyweight by 1.25 THAT is how much protein in grams you need per day! You also need carbs and good fats too. For carbs multiply your body weight by 1 to get the needed grams. Fo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- PROTEIN POLL:: What is the recommend daily amount of protein for a woman.....?
- Q: 1/4 cup1/2 cup1 cupThanks....♥
- A: At least a throatful ....lmao
- What's a *realistic* daily protein intake for a vegetarian, and from what sources?
- Q: I'm unclear on how to get the 'recommended' amounts of protein without pigging out, and/or eating some truly unappealing stuff.A lot of the stuff on-line is just useless. To wit:"In fact, you can get the 71 grams of protein you need each day during pregnancy by having three cups of milk or soy milk, one cup of tofu, four cups of brown rice, and a cup of yogurt."From http://www.babycenter.com/expert/2286.html -- it's for pregnant women, but. (The recommendation for pregnancy is only a 10g/day increase.)That unappetising recommendation works out to *1576* calories. Useful it is not.Suggestions for realistic intake, then?
- A: This all depends upon how many calories you eat on average per day.We need 4-9% of our calories coming from protein. It's easier to count grams of protein, rathern than calories.Each gram of protein contains 4 calories.For 2000 calories per day:4% = 80 protein calories, or more simply, 20 grams of protein9% = 180 protein calories, or more simply, 45 grams of proteinNow, you do the math based upon your average daily caloric intake.As for a specific protein souce, ALL foods contain protein, so as long as you eat a variety, really there is no need to worry about this.
Prev Question: What is a Mediterranean diet
People also view