If you eat a pound of meat will you gain a pound of weight to your body
To gain a pound you must eat 3,500 calories, so if the meat has that many calories you will gain a pound of fat. You might temporarily gain a pound from eating the meat, but it will be lost as you digest and excrete it. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-you-eat-a-pound-of-meat-will-you-gain-a-pound-of-weight-to-your-body ]
More Answers to "If you eat a pound of meat will you gain a pound of weight to your body"
- How does your body respond to my heart pounding weight loss cardi...?
- When you give your body sudden attacks like that, your body metabolism will spike up really high to give you the energy you need. When you attack your body like this, it will adapt to your needs and produce more energy for you by burning mo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to gain weight in hips/butt/chest/arms/legs? I look like a stick & I eat butter, frosting, & meat!?
- Q: I don't want to look like a stick and I'm wondering what the fastest way to gain weight would be. I'm 13 5'1" and 96-103 pounds and everyone thinks I'm anorexic but I'm not. I want a new body by summer and I'm on a 6,000 calorie diet. I eat bowls butter cream of frosting, and lots of spreadable butter packed with transfat on my food, but not much results. I want to be able to wear a 2 piece to swim practice and I need to actually have a figure so people stop calling me anorexic.My arteries are clogging but isn't it better to die young and satisfied than to live long and die disappointed?
- A: Actually you are normal! Using the BMI calc for teens you are at the 51st percentile. Absolutely perfect! Your friends(?) are wrong - sounds like they are too heavy. Even if you were an adult you would be normal - an ADULT woman should be 105 pounds at 5'1".If your doctor thinks you need to gain weight then do so with real nutrition not junk food. Ensure and Gllycerna work well as supplements - they are expensive! MXHART has very good points in her answer!
- Is it ok for me to gain 20 pounds in one month?
- Q: I'm trying to gain weight by end of summer and gained 5 pounds in 1 week. There's 4 more weeks until school starts and I was wondering is it ok for my body to go through this rapid body weight change or is there a side affect or bad for me? (gained weight by pure eating more carbs and meat)I'm underweight
- A: You should have tried eating more, and building some muscle. But all in all, if you've gained healthy weight by eating healthy food, then you should be fine, but why the specific weight goal? Perhaps thats the problem in itself.
- how to tone my body and gain weight?
- Q: Im 17 5'5 and about 105 pounds.Im skinney as well.I want to build up my arm musels, and pecs.Ilv been lifting weights for a year and my arm musels are as big as there gona get i guess, since my arms are skinny its not like im gona get big arms which is what i want. So is there a way to add like fat to your arms or what can u do because if u have skinny arms u ant reall get big musels.Also iv been working on my pecs. I did bench pressing but when i did it i didnt feel as if i did anything.Am i suppost to feel a burn in my chest cause all i felt was my arms kinda craping cause of the lifting and that was it. Will sit ups build up my pesc beacuse i ust to do that a lot and my pecs grew a lil but i stopped because i thought that was just for abs and i dont really want my abs that defined?Also what can i eat to gain weight, I'm eating all the time pastas meat wheats i dont eat a lot of sugary foods i eat no stop but i never gain weight also i take some vitamine pills so how can i gain weigh
- A: The best exercises to tone the whole bodyThere are so many exercises to choose from which can help tone all areas of the body, from leg exercises to chest exercises. However its quite possible to tone the whole body by just performing 3 basic exercises. Toning the body with fewer exercises means more time could be spend burning fat. Also, on some days if time is limited a quick body workout would be better than no workout at all!As muscles are toned they actually build up slightly as more protein is packed into the myofibril part of the cell to make the cell more dense, this is how the muscle becomes firm. Toning the body is best achieved by performing basic muscle building exercises. The best exercises to tone the body quickly are squats, bench presses and chin ups (a rowing movement can be just as effective as chins) performed together in the same workout. These are anaerobic exercises that burn predominantly carbohydrates for fuel but they stress numerous different muscles groups at the same time.Squats mainly stress the quadriceps (thighs), lower back and the buttocks, they also place secondary stress on the hamstrings, carves, back and abdomen areas. Bench presses stress the chest, triceps, shoulders and chin ups stress the upper back, biceps and forearms. Three exercises to help tone the whole body which all could be completed within 20 minutes. These 3 exercises are so effective that they will tone the body within weeks providing each workout has no other exercises and the resistance used is gradually increased.After toning the whole body it would be great to lose all excess fat to enable your newly toned muscles to show through. The best way to lose excess fat around the abs and other areas is to do plenty of aerobic work. Aerobics burns a higher percentage of fat but this form of exercise doesn't burn a lot of total calories so it will take time, however, if toning the body and burning the fat was easy everyone would be looking great!* Always seek the approval of a qualified doctor or physician before starting any new exercise, all exercises stated above should be performed under the supervision of a qualified fitness instructorExample of 2000 Calorie Dieting Menu for One Day. Breakfast: * Omelette (with 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, sliced onions, chopped zucchini &garlic) - 210 calories * 2 slices granary toast with Jam (conserve) - 250 cals * Natural Fat-free Yogurt small pot - 60 calories * Small piece of fruit - 50 calsMethod for Omelette:In a large non-stick pan, gently heat the onion and zucchini. Add 2 tablespoons of water. While stirring frequently, cook until onion is clear. Add eggs and garlic powder and continue to cook until eggs are done. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to add more taste. Lunch: * Chicken pasta salad (one chicken breast with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, & green peppers) - 210 calories * 4 tablespoons whole-wheat pasta (with 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise) - 240 cals * Fruit juice - 90 calsSnack: * 2 slices of malt loaf (with thin smear butter) - 200 calsDinner: * Chilli Con Carne - 630 TOTAL calories for this dish! * using 125g lean mince beef, 150ml chopped tomatoes, 1 green chilli (chopped & deseeded), one onion, 100g kidney beans * Salad with light dressing - 115 cals * One small low-fat fruit trifle - 55 calsMethod for Chilli con carne:Saute 1 onion in 2 tbsp oil. Add pinch cumin seeds, 1 tsp garlic, 1 grenn chilli & 150ml tomatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir in half can drained kidney beans & 15g flat leaf parsley. Serve with asparagus and a salad with low-fat dressing. Total for whole day's menu = 2015 approx Calories 2000 Calories Sample Diet. Breakfast: * Banana sandwich on granary bread with 2tbsp fruity brown sauce - 350 calories * Bacon & eggs (2 rashers bacon, one scrambled egg) - 310 cals * grilled tomatoes - 45 cals * Piece of fruit or fruit juice 80 cals * Tea or coffee (no sugar)Lunch: * Pasta & prawn salad - 300 TOTAL calories for this dish! * One chocolate bar - 200 cals Method for Pasta:Mix 75g cooked wholemeal pasta with 50g peeled prawns, 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise. Add to salad of cucumber, peppers, celery, tomatoes, spring onions & lettuce. Snack: * 2 rice cakes with low-fat cottage cheese & chives - 110 cals Dinner: * Roast chicken leg or wings 150g - 240 cals * Mashed potatoes one cup - 125 cals * Vegetables + Herbs & light oil - half plate (Cabbage, cauliflower, carrots & broccoli) - 180 cals * Gravy - 60 cals Calories for above diet sample = 2000 approx. Example of Diet Menu for a treat day! Breakfast: * One small bowl of cereals (bran flakes) with skimmed milk - 150 calories * Orange juice - 80 calsLunch: * Baked beans (half tin) on granary toast (2 slices) - 300 calories * 2 Pieces of fruit (plum, kiwi or orange) - 120 cals Snack: * Piece of fruit - 80 calories * 2 Rye crisp breads (multi-grain with thin butter spread) - 90 cals Dinner: * One take-away curry (beef or pork) - 450 calories * Fried rice - 500 cals * Spring roll - 250 cals Calories for above diet menu = 2020 approximately
Prev Question: What is the calorie and fat content of Cojita cheese
People also view