How many calories should a 17 year old girl have a day
A 5'6" 17 year old, moderately active female who weighs 120 pounds needs 2150 calories per day to maintain her weight. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-should-a-17-year-old-girl-have-a-day ]
More Answers to "How many calories should a 17 year old girl have a day"
- How many calories should a 17 year old girl have a day if she is ...?
- Anyone considering a weight loss diet should consult a nutritionist or physician.
- How many calories should a seventeen year old girl eat per day??
- as a dietician i would reccomend about 8,000 calories per day. 17 yr old girls are still growing and need the extra calories. The person above me is absolutely insane! No more then 3,000 at the very most. Average should be about 2,000.
- How many calories should a seventeen year old girl have per day??
- It varies a little with your height and weight, but the following link will help you determine what you should be consuming based on height and weight and physical activity. http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories should a 17 year old consume in a day?
- Q: i am a 17 year old girl. i got sick a year ago with glandular fever and have put on 20kg in a year and want to get back to my old weight. i am going out on my bike (im a cyclist) everyday for at least an hour. but i want to know how to keep on top of my diet. how many calories in a day can i consume.. and still lose weight.. or can you suggest another way to control my diet.
- A: You use energy no matter what you're doing, even when sleeping. The BMR Calculator will calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.If you've noticed that every year, it becomes harder to eat whatever you want and stay slim, you've also learnt that your BMR decreases as you age. Likewise, depriving yourself of food in hopes of losing weight also decreases your BMR, a foil to your intentions. However, a regular routine of cardiovascular exercise can increase your BMR, improving your health and fitness when your body's ability to burn energy gradually slows down.Assuming you are 5'2" and weigh 147 pounds, which you doYou have a BMR of 1505.95
- How many calories should a 17 year old girl, 137 pounds consume?
- Q: Question says it all, im 17, going to be 18 in 3 months about, and im about 137 pounds, and im 5"8...i'd like to lose some extra pounds that i don't need, and how many calories should i havve each day? How many should i have if i want to lose weight?
- A: If you stick to 2,000 you should be good. I think at your age you could handle like 2300 without gaining weight (although you can't be sure without knowing your bone structure, muscle mass, etc) so that should help you lose a couple pounds. Don't go below 1600 though, and I wouldn't recommend eating less than 1700. It's not good to deny your body, and you can probably easily do 300 less a day then you're doing now by avoiding sugary drinks and mostly sticking to water, and not taking large portions.
- how many calories does a 17 year old girl need?
- Q: i am 172 lbs, 5ft 2 , and want to lose 40 to 50 lbs. how many calories should i intake per day with out starving myself. and i dont want to go to 1200 calories per day. probably 1400 but no lower. and how long should i run, when should i run for best results. thanks everyone, any extra advice such as what type of food i should eat how much vegies and fruits, skim milk or whole milk , adivce like this. and sugar and salt advice. thanks
- A: I suggest hardcore atkins. Hardcore atkins is when you don't eat ANY carbs at all. This causes your metabolism to burn pure fat due to lack of carbs from food. You won't need to count calories then. Read up more about it here:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek4.htm
Prev Question: Is mcdonalds fattening
People also view