How many calories does donating blood burn
Interestingly enough, you burn approximately 650 calories if you are donating exactly 1 pint of blood, which most people do. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-does-donating-blood-burn ]
More Answers to "How many calories does donating blood burn"
- Does donating blood really cause you to burn calories??
- I donate blood on a regular basis. I doubt you lose that much calories each time you donate, although some sites on google believe it to be about 600-650Cal for the body to replace the blood - not that much really. And given the fact, that ...
- How many calories should you consume before donating blood??
- Eat a normal meal before donating blood, and drink plenty of water or juice after your donation. You don't need to overeat to compesate for the blood donation.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories do you burn by donating blood?
- Q: I've been wondering this for a while now...you donate a pint of blood, so your body has to regrow a bunch of blood cells, which definitely takes energy to do...so how many calories does that burn? I hope it's a lot, because it's a wonderful excuse to pig out :)Seriously...anyone who says that growing blood cells doesn't burn calories is a 'tard.
- A: You burn about 650 calories by donating one pint of blood.
- Does donating blood really cause you to burn calories?
- Q: And if so, how much?I know exercise is better. I don't intend to do it everday, just whenever I get tired.
- A: I donate blood on a regular basis. I doubt you lose that much calories each time you donate, although some sites on google believe it to be about 600-650Cal for the body to replace the blood - not that much really.And given the fact, that you are not encouraged not to do any vigorous exercise for about 24 hours after the donating, you are asked if you have eaten ample food before the event, you can only donate 4 times a year & you are usually offered a drink, cookie, crisps or even lollies after donating - any calorie loss in the long term would be minimalWhy not donate blood merely because it is a good cause & it helps the greater community.And donating blood will only make you feel more tired than you already are. Some light exercise (even if it's only a couple of hours walking around the mall) should wake your body up much easier.
- after you donate blood, does your body burn extra calories to replenish it?
- Q: this is a random question, but i was just wondering if it had anything to do with why they make you eat right afterwards
- A: You actually do burn the calories. Your body expends about that many calories while it is replenishing your cell counts and glucose levels.- Approximately 650 calories are lost.
Prev Question: How many calories are in one rice krispie treat
People also view