How long should you wait after eating to exercise
Depending on how heavy a meal you eat, you should wait 30 minutes to two hours before exercising. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-should-you-wait-after-eating-to-exercise ]
More Answers to "How long should you wait after eating to exercise"
- How long should you wait after eating to exercise?
- It tends to be an individual thing, but I recommend 1-3 hrs.
- How long should I wait to exercise after eating?
- It depends how much you eat. Elite distance athletes still eat carb bars during exercise. Most will drink carbs 20 to 30 minutes prior to activity and during. Eating a meal takes longer to convert, and will get a "full" feeling th...
- How long should i wait after eating to exercise?
- It normally takes an hour for your food to get into your digestive system and cause no harmful effects if you are going to excercise. A handy hint is to do a little gentle excercise before you go for a full blown workout. The main problem y...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long Should you wait after eating to Exercise?
- Q: I have been on a very strict diet for about four months now. No greasy food or soda and I have managed to loose 20 lbs.But I ate some Pizza about an hour ago.How long should I wait to exercise to burn it off?And how long before it turns into fat?Thanks for all the answers. I'll pick one shortly.And I know the little pic of me is far from how I really look.I was over weight by at least 50-100lbs. And four months ago I decided that I've had enough of being obese.I got nervous after eating the pizza. Six slices, not just one.that's why i quit eating any junk food at all, once I start I just can't stop after one.That is a lot of peoples problem.I am far from small, even thought the little cartoon pic is close to me by the way of hair and slightly the face. And having a completely free Gym next door helps.
- A: The general rule is wait one hour after eating before strenuous exercise. At least, that's what they say about swimming.
- How long should you wait after eating to exercise to burn that food off?
- Q: e.g. If I eat a banana, and I wanted to burn the calories off in that banana, how long should I wait after eating it to burn it off?
- A: Whenever is comfortable for you and your stomach.It's not uncommon for pro athletes to snack on fruit on the sidelines. If you don't feel sick to your stomach, you don't have to wait at all. It's totally up to you...I know it sounds like odd and pointless advice, but it's true.There isn't a rule for working out after eating like there is for swimming...although if you eat a huge meal, your chances of cramping go way up if you don't wait about an hour or so. With a banana? No worries, no waiting.
- How long should I usually wait to exercise after eating?
- Q: Ever since yesterday, when I get home at 3pm, I eat and then I run at 5:00pm and then I get cramps. How long should I usually wait to exercise after eating?I've been eating meat, so I guess that's the problem. I get cramps more on the left in my stomach.
- A: At least an hour for the nutrients to get absorbed into your system, but for it to fully digest obviously it takes longer. You're probably eating too much for two hours' time to settle. Either that or you didn't drink enough water, that's a big issue. If it's the former, try eating around 300 or so calories, enough to satisfy you but not until you're completely full. Then try going for a run. Or, you can start out walking for around fifteen minutes to get your metabolism kicked up.Good luck :)
Prev Question: What foods make you smarter
People also view