Can garlic upset the stomach
Yes, garlic can cause upset stomach in some people. Thanks for asking ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-garlic-upset-the-stomach ]
More Answers to "Can garlic upset the stomach"
- Does garlic have anything to do with gas upset stomach and diarrh...?
- Yes, garlic causes more gastro-intestinal distress than nearly any other food product. Gas, bloating, intestinal cramps, and diarrhea are common effects of eating garlic, especially if you are sensitive to it. The supposed health benefits o...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Substitute for garlic?
- Q: Ok whenever I put real garlic into anything, no matter the amount, it really upsets my stomach. I fine with garlic salt and powder. Is there anything I can use to substitute the garlic and still get basically the same taste.
- A: So, is it only FRESH garlic that upsets your stomach? If so you could try granulated garlic (provides flavor, but not texture) OR garlic flakes (Substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic flakes for every clove of garlic) OR garlic powder (Substitute 1/8 teaspoon powder for every clove of garlic called for in recipe.) OR garlic salt (Substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt for every clove of fresh garlic called for in recipe. Reduce salt in recipe.) .If you're wanting a complete substitute, try shallots, onions or garlic chives in equivalent amounts.
- Garlic smell....food spices?
- Q: Is there anything that can be used to cover the smell of garlic? It upsets my stomach when I smell a lot of it, which the guy I'm seeing doesn't understand...pls help or this relationship is over....ughh
- A: make him chew some parsely sprigs. the green fluffy stuff that restuarants put on the plate. it makes the smell go away! i do it
- Garlic and IBS....is there a connection?
- Q: I have been diagnosed with IBS for about a year now. I have only read about allergies that are commonly associated with IBS are things containing dairy, gluten and fructose. I seem to get extreme stomach pains in only one area of my lower abdomen which can be releived by bowel movements. The worst trigger however is garlic for me. Everytime i eat garlic it ends up with the worst stomach cramps, extreme bloat and wind follwed by an upset stomach.I have been to the doctors about 8 times about my IBS. Everytime i am prescribed with Fybogel (fibre supplement) and drugs that claim to calm intestine spasm. Neither of these i find ever work... infact fibre supplements make my pains worse. I just wanted to know that does IBS ever go later on in life. Will i just have to avoid anything containing gluten and dairy...most of my favourite foods contain these ingredients. HELP!
- A: Jeez, of course fiber supplements make it worse! what on earth!?Garlic is a very common trigger. You may also find that eating very sugary things triggers it, too. If you can, I would gradually cut out the dairy and gluten from your diet. When your IBS gets to a level you can tolerate, stick with that amount of dairy and gluten. There is a ton of great food that doesn't have these in them, but you will have to hunt around for a vegan or alternative diet sort of forum--trust me--it's worth it!
Prev Question: What are all the benefits of drinking sparkling mineral water
People also view