Can you give blood if you have leukemia
You may not give blood if you currently have cancer or have ever had Leukemia or Lymphoma. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-give-blood-if-you-have-leukemia ]
More Answers to "Can you give blood if you have leukemia"
- Can you give blood if you have leukemia
- You may not give blood if you currently have cancer or have ever had Leukemia or Lymphoma. Thanks for using ChaCha!
- What Is The White Blood Cell Count In Leukemia?
- I am not a doctor or even a nurse but when my step dad had that his count was very low also and with his a few chemo treatments and his count came back up very high. But ever case is different. And There are so many different kids of cancer...
- How white blood cells are affected by leukemia?
- Leukemia is when the cells in the bone marrow start rapidly multiplying out of control. Undeveloped white blood cells start circulating in the body, causing a high white blood cell count. This causes non-leukemic cells to not function prope...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you give blood if you have had leukemia as a 4 year old (now 20)?
- A: Definitely no. Canadian Blood Services and American Red Cross guidelines say no.
- why can't I donate blood?
- Q: why is it if you've had lymphoma you cant give blood?asweel as melanoma and leukemia.why are they different to other cancers where you still are allowed?
- A: The Red Cross people I have talked with say that as a general rule they will consider you as a donor after 5 years free of cancer. They told me they take it case by case as the stage, time, as well as type of cancer, have affect on their decision. Any yes, they are concerned that the cancer cells will be transferred to the recipient. Leukemia, Melanoma, Lymphnoma, and related cancers that have high reoccurance rates once in lymph or blood systems are the primary concern.
- mix rsce people plz do dis?
- Q: IF YOUR MIXED RACE....YOU SHOULD DO THIS!!! SERIOUS..Body: Please click on little keitons pic for more infoKeiton is 7 years old and was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL) in June 2003, 4 weeks ago in the last month of treatment he relapsed! The disease took another form of Leukaemia - Acute Myeloidblastic Leukaemia (AML). For this process to occur it is very unusual and extremely rare.He is now an inpatient at The Royal Marsden in Sutton where he will be having intensive chemotherapy and Radiotherapy before he has his Bone Marrow Transplant, which is the only way to cure him, with-out one he will DIE!!!!!Because he is mixed race (white mother, black father) his tissue type is very unusual and we are still looking for a perfect match donor, as we have not been able to find one on any of the world-wide registrars. The potential donor must be of the same parental background and be aged between 18 40 years old.We have set up further drive/clinic days for people coming down to give a blood sample to be a potential match for Keiton:Sunday 1st October, Time 11am till 3pm at the St. Edmunds Catholic Church, 115 Hertford Road, London N9 7ENSunday 8th October, Time 1pm till 4pm at the Christian Life Fellowship, The Borough Hall, Royal Hill, London SE10 8REWed 11th October, Time 4pm till 7.30pm at Leopold Primary School Hawkeshead Road, Harlesden, London NW10 9URThu 12th October, Time 5pm till 8pm at Katherine Road Community Centre, 254 Katherine Road Forest Gate E7 8PNOne of the procedures for removing the bone marrow stem cells is very simple and near on painless. A small needle will be placed in each arm and the blood is removed from you left arm and is passed through a machine which removes the Stem Cells and the blood is then passed back into your right arm. It will only take 2/3 hours out of your day to save Keitons life!Time is running out for Keiton and the only way to save his life is to go give blood directly to one of the clinics so we need people to contact the National Blood Service on 0845 7-711-711 www.blood.co.uk or the African Caribbean Leukemia Trust on 0208 667 1122 www.aclt.org to find out YOUR nearest blood clinic. Go down and give some blood, PLEASE!Keiton is truly an amazing boy to be able to go through what he has for the last 3 years and still have a smile on his face, please help us keep that smile alive.Paris, Keitons mum is an incredible woman and single mother, who has been a tower of strength for him and now really needs your help to make her dream come true and watch her much loved son grow up and have a fulfilling life.We have the backing of the African Caribbean Leukemia Trust & Anthony Nolan Trust www.anthonynolan.org.uk 02072841234.YOU can help make this happen!!!!!REPOST PLEASE!!!!!! DON'T WAIT TILL IT HITS HOME...1 IN 3 ARE AFFECTED BY CANCER TODAY...IF IT AINT U IT WILL BE SOME1 CLOSE TO U...DON'T WAIT TILL ITS TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!
- A: Prayer will get u results no matter what race is who or what. Most Americans are indian and pilgrim heritage so get over the raciest thing. Cancer can be reversed by the proper healing foods and maybe even herbal therapy. Cancer fighting foods are carrots, celery, cherries,apples, mainly produce,V8, herbals like ginseng, ginko,green teas. Just Pray for the child and results will happen.
Prev Question: What is it to have your cervix cauterized
People also view