Does marijuana cause miscarriages
A:Smoking marijuana during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage. THANK YOU FOR USING CHACHA!! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-marijuana-cause-miscarriages ]
More Answers to "Does marijuana cause miscarriages"
- Can marijuana cause miscarriages?
- Although there have not been long term double blind studies on this, it is thought by some that it can have some negative effects which can contribute to miscarriage. All drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine, and exposure to chemicals shoul...
- Can smoking marijuana cause miscarriage?
- No but it affects the fetus in a negative way.
- Will xtc, cocaine, or marijuana cause a miscarriage
- Ecstasy, cocaine, and marijuana do cause a miscarraige. It is best to not smoke, drink, or do any drugs during pregnancy. ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If you do drugs, does it lead to miscarriage?
- Q: Disclaimer: I am not looking for anti-drug answers, I want some scientific fact supported by studies. If you answer anything like :stay away from all drugs and YOU DONT NEED DRUGS! you are being stupid and not answering my question.I know that marijuana use can cause a miscarriage if someone is pregnant, but what I need to know (for school) is if drug use, weed, coke, ex, heroin, shrooms, what have you, can lead to a miscarriage down the road as in you go on a 4 yr drug binge and then when you're clean you have trouble concieving a child or miscarry often... I would like to know your source if possible, or if you can direct me to a book or website which will have something close to the answer, that would be great
- A: Yes. Women can miscarry just from sress...........so duh, of course drugs and anything harmful to the body can cause a miscarriage. Maybe not in all cases, but it will certainly cause significant harm to the fetus.
- Could Seroquel or Marijuana use before I found out I was pregnant have caused my miscarriage?
- Q: I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago, only 2 days after my Grandma's funeral. I thought this was a blessing since my Grandma had just passed. I immediately stopped taking my seroquel, which I take for my BiPolar Disorder. I was also smoking marijuana and also stopped this. I do not smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, however I did a shot of szambuca (I don't know how to spell that, lol) with my mom the day of the funeral. I just miscarried on Tuesday and I am devastated. But more importnantly, I blame myself. Everyone is telling me that it could not have been my fault and that these things just happen, but could either the seroquel, marijuana or that shot of liquor have been the cause? Please help! This is also my second miscarriage. My last one was over 5 years ago and I have one child who is 8.
- A: Almost all early miscarriages at such an early stage in pregnancy are not caused by anything the mother could have done - in most cases they are caused by abnormalities and the baby could not develop normally. Many women do a lot of crazy things before they realize they're pregnant - when I did the math on my daughter's conception, I actually binge drank shortly after I conceived, but before I was even late for my period or had symptoms. She turned out just fine. I've heard countless stories of others who have done the same and worse. I'm quite certain that a single shot of alcohol, a bit of marijuana, and your prescription medications are not to blame. Although a bit unrelated, if you get pregnant again please talk to your doctor before stopping your medication for bipolar disorder. While some of these medications aren't ideal to be on while you're pregnant, it's important to discuss if it would be better to stay on your prescription than to stop during your pregnancy.
- Ok wait until you hear this one?
- Q: I just had a miscarriage a few days ago, I didn't even know I was pregnant yet. I'm engaged and planning a wedding, no we're not as careful as we should be but if I get pregnant now or later, we're happy. Anyways, this is the problem. Girls, I love my fiancee but he likes his marijuana. He's not addicted to it but 3-4 times a month he smokes it and hides it from me until I confront him about it. My doctor said that because we're not trying, if I happen to get pregnant, this could be a problem. It could cause a miscarriage if he has the marijuana in his system when I conceive or the baby could have problems. What do you girls think about all of this?? How would you handle the situation to get him to understand that it's irresponsible and can cause damage to a child?? Or am I making a bigger deal out of it than it's worth?
- A: Personally, I'd never get engaged, let alone date, a man that smokes marijuana. As with other illegal drugs it works on the pleasure center of the brain and depletes the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin. So what you're going to end up with one day is a man who cannot take pleasure in things that should normally bring a man happiness, like playing catch with his son in the backyard, because the only way he'll be able to release enough dopamine and serotonin to feel good is through drugs. I think you scream and b!tch and raise hell until he quits for good, then wait a year to see if it takes before marrying him. Otherwise, cut your losses and move on.
Prev Question: What kind of pain do you have if you are having a miscarriage
People also view