Can a cyst on an ovary cause a miscarriage
A:Having ovarian Cysts increases the probability of miscarriage or preterm labor and delivery for the baby. They are likely benign. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-cyst-on-an-ovary-cause-a-miscarriage ]
More Answers to "Can a cyst on an ovary cause a miscarriage"
- Can a cyst on an ovary cause a miscarriage
- Having ovarian Cysts increases the probability of miscarriage or preterm labor and delivery for the baby. They are likely benign.
- Do ovarian cysts cuase miscarriages?
- Cysts themselves do not cause miscarriage. The do tend to make it harder to conceive. Most cysts are benign and can cause pain and bleeding during pregnancy. Your doctor will want to keep an eye on them. If you notice an increase in bleedin...
- Can ovarian cysts cause miscarriage?
- It's possible, but not likely. Many women get cysts all the time, most will never even know about them because they are benign and will resolve themselves. Sometimes they can become infected and pose a risk to your health, but since you are...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can a cyst on on ovary cause miscarriage?
- A: NO. I have an ovarian cyst the size of an eggplant on my left side and although it's caused me a lot of pain, several doctors have assured me it's harmless to the baby. (The ovary is outside the uterus, not inside.) Had I had it removed as one doctor wanted me to do, however, the surgery itself might have jeopardized the pregnancy. As for it bursting, I understand that it's painful but harmless as well.If the cyst is still there at the time of delivery, you may need a Caesarean -- to avoid damage to the ovary, not to the baby.
- Can ovarian cysts cause miscarriage?
- Q: I went to the ER because of cramping my hcg was 3200 and I'm 5 weeks along they seen a tiny sac and a small ovarian cyst on my left and right ovary. I'm calling my doctor asap in the morning. Should I be concerned? I'm scared.
- A: It's possible, but not likely. Many women get cysts all the time, most will never even know about them because they are benign and will resolve themselves. Sometimes they can become infected and pose a risk to your health, but since you are getting in right away there is probably nothing to fret over.
- have a cyst and worried about pregnancy...?
- Q: roughly a month ago i was diagnosed by ultrasound to have a 5.2cm haemhorragic cyst on my right ovary. im due for a follow up ultrasound on wednesday.i have been trying to fall pregnant with my husband for a few months now and i get very depressed and disappointed every month when my period comes. :(The doctor says that since this cyst is quite a lot larger than average, it may have to be surgically removed by laparascopic surgery.BUT.. she told me to use protection and not get pregnant before the next ultrasound because it could 'complicate things'..Being me, I ignored her LOL.. still dont think I will be pregnant, with all the failure before. but what did she mean by complication? my mother told me that surgery on the cyst can cause a miscarriage if pregnant. is this true?I really badly want a baby with my husband and know i will bring it up the a home with so much love. I guess im just worried now that this cyst has something to do with my failure. another opinion seems to think that this one was growing for a very long time.thanks for the answers. I was thinking that perhaps if they werent going to do surgery then i would waste a month of trying... lol.thanks for the advice anyway and i should really listen to my doctor.
- A: Pretty much its just want your mom told you. My Dr told a friend of mine if they got pregnant before the surgery then they would lose the baby. However she had more than just one cyst and really needed to have it taken care of. It happens when you least expect it. They may be able to hold off until you have the baby or something though. You really should listen to your Dr and ask more questions if you have any. This should have been one of the things that you talk to them about before. Good luck!
Prev Question: If you are having a miscarriage do you have to go to the hospital
People also view