How is cell energy stored
Batteries store energy in a chemical process, This battery contains acidic material within and a rod of zinc down the center. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-is-cell-energy-stored ]
More Answers to "How is cell energy stored"
- How is cell energy stored
- Batteries store energy in a chemical process, This battery contains acidic material within and a rod of zinc down the center.
- How cells store energy:
- Cells store chemical energy in a molecule called adenosine triphosphate (ATP). An ATP molecule has three phosphate groups. Energy which can power an endergonic reaction is released as the bonds which hold the phosphate groups together are b...
- Do solar cells store energy?
- No. Solar cells just convert sunlight into an electric current that must be used immediately or stored in batteries to be used later.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how do cells store energy?
- Q: i have midterms tomorrow, and all i need to know is this. sooo please, i need good biology answers, if you dont know the answer, dont answer. i need serious help. danke
- A: Cells store their energy in the bonds of ATP. When the bonds are broken, the energy is released. This page explains it very well:http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/biology/atp.html
- How is energy stored and released by ATP and how do the cells use that energy?
- Q: this is with i believe the light reactions in photosynthesis
- A: Energy is stored in the phosphate bonds of ATP. When cells need the energy, the ATP phosphorylates and breaks off a phosphate bond to produce energy for the cell to use to drive reactions or pathways.
- use the anology of a battery to explain how energy stored by ATP and glucose?
- Q: which compound is used by the cell as an immediate source of energy?ps. please answer my other two bio questions also?
- A: ADP is a flat battery. If you put energy into it (as the mitochondria do) it becomes ATP, a charged up battery. The cell can then transport it to where it is needed and use it, forming ADP again, which is cycled back to the mitochondria to be recharged.
Prev Question: What food has zinc in it
People also view