How long do you have to be pregnant, before a pregnancy test can detect it
Most pregnancy tests can detect a pregnancy up to 5 days before a missed period. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-do-you-have-to-be-pregnant%2C-before-a-pregnancy-test-can-detect-it ]
More Answers to "How long do you have to be pregnant, before a pregnancy test can detect it"
- How Long Does It Take Before A Pregnancy Test Detect If You Are P...?
- It can detect if you are pregnant about 10 days.
- How long do you have to wait before a pregnancy test will detect ...?
- You can take a pregnancy test and get an accurate answer between 2-3 weeks following ovulation and sexual contact. ChaCha on!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long could you be pregnant before hCG level gets high enough to show on tests if it is ectopic pregnancy?
- Q: I am 27 years old. I had my tubes tied about three years ago now. I have been having a lot of symptoms of pregnancy. Now, I do know that it is possible (though not a high chance) that you may get pregnant after a tubal. I did take a pregnancy test last month after having my first two day period. It was negative. Though the signs of pregnancy has not subsided. Now I have had my second two day period. I have had a very homonal emotional break where I cried for absolutely no reason. I am tired all the time. I also have had abdominal swelling and cramping. I know with having my tubes tied, that if I was pregnant, the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy is likely. I also know with an ectopic pregnancy the hCG levels that are detected by home pregnancy tests can be lower than they are supposed to be and it will not show at first. My question is how long would the hCG level stay lower than could be detected on a pregnancy test? and Should I take another one this month or am I just being paranoid?
- A: I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2006 (of course I didn't know it @ first). I conceived in Jan. and by the beginning of March my body just felt off and different.. Took a HPT and it was negative. 2 weeks later I still felt off and took another, it was positive. Went to the doctor to confirm and then 2 weeks later it was discovered to be ectopic. I didn't think about my HCG levels being lower than normal due to ectopic, but now that I think about it, I discovered my pregnancy almost 9 weeks after conception. I still had periods so I was thrown off. I would definitely take another pregnancy test, especially since ectopic pregnancies are so dangerous! Good luck honey :)
- If I have unprotected sex the day before my expected period, how long should I wait before testing?
- Q: I was told pregnancy tests were extremely accurate from the day of your missed period on. But because I had sex the day before my expected period and because it can take about 6-7 days after intercourse to become pregnant and then several more days before the pregnancy hormone can be detected, does it mean that a test taken the day after my expected period (2 days after I had sex) could be too soon to be accurate? Another question: would getting my period in this case still mean I wasn't pregnant, or would it be too soon to tell because I had sex so close to the time I was supposed to get it? A rephrase: do you still skip your period when pregnant no matter when you have sex, or can you have it so close to your period that you would not skip your upcoming period but instead the next period? Had to cover all the bases...and please don't say go see a doctor. Obviously I will do that if I do not get my period soon. I would just like some peace of mind before I go to sleep.
- A: Wait like a week, that's all I have to say.
- How accurate are home pregnancy tests REALLY?
- Q: My period was due today but it hasn't come yet. So I decided to take that EPT test, the "we can detect if you're pregnant 5 days before your missed period!" one. I read somewhere that these tests usually aren't really 99% accurate but are usually somewhere around 80%. Anyway, I took a test earlier today and it came out negative. I've never been late on a period before so I'm kind of worried if maybe I took it a little too early. Has anyone ever took a pregnancy test on the day their period was due and it came out negative but later took it and it came out positive? If you did, how long did you wait before taking it again? Just need some advice here...thanksBy the way, we did not have protected sex which is why I'm thinking there is a big chance of pregnancy.
- A: Just to be clear, the "pregnancy hormone" that is tested for does not begin to be produced in your body until after IMPLANTATION, not fertilization. And implantation does not occur for about 6-12 days after the egg is fertilized, which would be within 24-48 hours of ovulation. That is a lot of variability, so when the missed period comes along, you could have had the hormone in your system for only days up to a week or so. The hormone is said to double every day or two in your system.Some women do take longer to get a positive result. The general wisdom is to retake the test in another two days. Make sure you take it in the morning, so your urine has had ample time to soak up some hormone! This happens. Some women take weeks to register a positive result, while others can tell well before their missed period. Try not to worry, and just try again in a few days.
Prev Question: Can i get a tattoo while pregnant
People also view