Which is worse for your liver, advil or tylenol
Tylenol has minimal side effects & rarely causes stomach upset/allergic reactions. It can lead to liver damage if you overdose or if you have taken high doses for long term. Advil has no side effects concerning the liver but could cause an ulcer. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/which-is-worse-for-your-liver%2C-advil-or-tylenol ]
More Answers to "Which is worse for your liver, advil or tylenol"
- What is worse for the liver Motrin or Tylenol??
- Tylenol is worse for the liver, but even it isn't bad taken only occasionally in small doses. If you really want to help your liver, avoid alcohol. Also be sure that you're vaccinated against Hepatitis B (go ahead and get a Hep A vaccine wh...
- Which is worse for ones liver, long term use of tylenol or ibupro...?
- Tylenol taxes the liver, and ibuprofen taxes the kidneys. But really, one glass of wine or beer each night isn't enough to make you worry. Use whichever seems to work best. The only time you'd need to worry is if you're taking 1600mg or mor...
- How Does the Liver Process Advil Tylenol & Aleve??
- Advil, Tylenol and Aleve are all brand names for the over-the-counter medications ibuprofen, acetaminophen and naproxen sodium, respectively. All three are non-narcotic pain relievers. Ibuprofen...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Which is worse for ones liver, long term use of tylenol or ibuprofen?
- Q: I take pain relievers because I work really hard, and if I get too caught up, then tension can give me headaches. Last night I popped two tylenol before bed, because the pain wasn't bad enough for me to do my normal one tylenol and one advil. I don't take pain relievers that often, just a few days every few weeks. But, is tylenol better for my liver, or would I be better off just using the ibuprofen? I drink moderately, and use cocaine several times a day. I'm just kidding about the cocaine, but I have a glass of wine or a beer with dinner most nights, for heart health.
- A: Tylenol taxes the liver, and ibuprofen taxes the kidneys. But really, one glass of wine or beer each night isn't enough to make you worry. Use whichever seems to work best.The only time you'd need to worry is if you're taking 1600mg or more of either and then putting liquor on top of it. Two pills at bedtime, especially as rarely as a few days every few weeks, won't have much of an interaction with moderate alcohol intake.
- How can you tell if your liver is bad from to much pain killers?
- Q: Like, say you take atleast 15-20 plus tylenol/advil/ibuprofen, etc daily. How can you tell if your liver "messed up" or failing or whatever. Thanks in advance.And how could you tell without actually admitting it to a doctor?
- A: hi you sound like you must be in a lot of pain. The only thing I suggest is going to your doctor and asking for blood tests. I think that will be the most accurate way of finding out for sure and also talk to your doctor about your concernsAll the best
Prev Question: What is the best way to treat a jammed finger
People also view