What is the difference between heroin and morphine
"Morphine is morphine sulfate. Heroin is diacetyl morphine. The effects are exactly the same though the dosage is different [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-difference-between-heroin-and-morphine ]
More Answers to "What is the difference between heroin and morphine"
- What is the difference between heroin and morphine?
- Heroin, morphine and codeine are opiates derived from the resin of the opium poppy. Heroin is quickly metabolized to morphine. The body also changes codeine (used in some cold medicines) to morphine. Thus, the presence of morphine in the ur...
- How are heroin and morphine related and why is heroin more potent...?
- Heroin was originally marketed as a drug to help people addicted to morphine. As it turns out, heroin actually turns into morphine when it gets processed by your body, and works faster. So, heroin is basically fast acting morphine. Another ...
- Can A Drug Test Tell The Difference Between Morphine Sulfate And ...?
- Both are opiates, therefore, may test positive either or but be sure to tell your doctor what you are on before testing
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Whats the difference between heroin and morphine?
- Q: My mum uses codeine everyday for a back problem,are the effects similar to heroin,but less so?Shes been using it for 10 years,would she be addicted?Also,I was given morphine when in hospital,but was allergic,would I probably be allergic to heroin?Just curious,not planning on using it or anything...
- A: Heroin is morphine that has been refined to be made stronger. Heroin is metabolized into morphine in the liver. So you would be allergic to heroin.Codeine is a very weak opiate-based pain killer(heroin is a really strong opiate-based pain killer). Heroin is about 15 times stronger then codeine. Maybe more. They would have somewhat similar effects, they would just vary in strength.The first answer is wrong when it says morphine is more finely purified. Medical heroin(in the europe) is as purified as morphine.Your mom is most likely addicted to the codeine.
- Spiritually speaking, what's the difference between morphine and heroin?
- Q: Can you explain from a religious viewpoint how one differs from the other? Thanks.
- A: vomit
- What is the difference between heroin, opium and morphine, in simple terms?
- Q: I think I am right to say they are all derived from the opium poppy? And that opium came first, followed by heroin...and that morphine is basically just 'clean' heroin...have I got this at all right?
- A: Opium has gradually been superseded by a variety of purified, semi-synthetic, and synthetic opioids with progressively stronger effect.This process began in 1817, when Friedrich Wilhelm Adam Sertürner reported the isolation of pure morphine from opium The great advantage of purified morphine was that a patient could be treated with a known dose.Heroin, the first semi-synthetic opiate, was first synthesized in 1874, but was not pursued until its rediscovery by in 1897 by Felix Hoffmann at the Bayer pharmaceutical company in Elberfeld, Germany. From 1898 through to 1910 heroin was marketed as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough medicine for children. Heroine is about 1.5 to 2 times more potent than morphine.Heroine is morphine with 2 acetyl groups added.Opium is the latex from the opium poppy pods. It's the raw product. It drips out of the pod milky white, and then dries to brown and is collected.
Prev Question: What are some remedies for coughing
People also view