Will you run fevers if you are pregnant
Running a fever is not a symptom or sign of pregnancy. Anything higher than 103 can be harmful and should be treated by a doctor. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/will-you-run-fevers-if-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Will you run fevers if you are pregnant"
- Is it normal to run a fever during pregnancy??
- 98 or 99 is not a fever. Normal is 98.6 degrees. I wouldn't worry. If you do have a real fever I would call your doctor.
- Is it normal to run a fever of 100 degrees when pregnant??
- You probably just have a virus- which you can get pregnant or not. A fever is your body's way of fighting it off. As long as it doesn't get too high, you should be fine. Your baby/child will have this happen alot through the years.
- Can running a fever while I'm pregnant harm my baby??
- Early in pregnancy, a low fever is probably not a problem, but a high fever (over 103 degrees Fahrenheit) can be lethal for the baby. The physiologic processes in early fetal development, such as protein activity, are temperature sensitive,...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it normal to run a low grade fever when pregnant?
- Q: I recently found out I am pregnant (about 4 weeks), I run a 99.4 temp everyday and I was wondering if this is something to be concerned about? I am waiting to get into a doctor...dr appt in 2 weeks. Please any advice!
- A: What is your non-pregnant temp? You temperature will go up about a degree because of the hormones (progesterin if I remember right) that's released by your body to keep a pregnancy. That's why if you chart your temp will go up after Oing. Most people go up to something in the 98s from 97. Some people have higher or lower than normal temps. Not sure that that's what is happening but this could be an explanation.
- Is it normal to run a fever of 100 degrees when pregnant?
- Q: I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I just went to the doctor's today, and they took my temperature(like they do all the time) and the doctor told me that I was running a fever of 100. I feel fine, I don't feel sick or anything and I can't explain why I'm running this fever. The doctor didn't really pay any attention to it, but is this normal?
- A: You probably just have a virus- which you can get pregnant or not. A fever is your body's way of fighting it off. As long as it doesn't get too high, you should be fine. Your baby/child will have this happen alot through the years.
- I run a low grade fever while I am pregnant and am wondering why my body does this and is this safe.?
- Q: I am 5 weeks pregnant and have started running a low grade fever almost daily. I ran this same type fever with my last pregnancy for about 6 weeks. The doctor never figured out why and did not seem too concerned. For one thing, it makes me nervous for the baby, but for second, it just makes me feel bad and sluggish. Has anyone ever heard of this and have any reasons or solutions? Thanks!
- A: its not unlikely that your body temperature has just increased for the pregnancy... it should be fine.
Prev Question: How to tell if I am pregnant
People also view