Is coffee safe for pregnant women
Coffee is safe as long as you drink it in moderation, it is recommended you drink no more than three cups a day. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-coffee-safe-for-pregnant-women ]
More Answers to "Is coffee safe for pregnant women"
- What amount of coffee drinking is not safe for pregnant woman??
- You shouldn't drink coffee when pregnant because it has caffiene in it and that's not good for the baby. Try decafe.
- What amount of coffee is not safe to drink for a pregnant woman??
- " Caffeine: Although most studies show that caffeine intake in moderation is OK, there are others that show that caffeine intake may be related to miscarriages. Avoid caffeine during the first trimester to reduce the likelihood of a mi...
- Is coffee bad for pregnant women?
- I personally do not believe it is bad. In fact, there are studies today indicating the benefits of coffee. However, I believe the best answer is, "everything in moderation."
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can pregnant women have coffee mater creamer in their decaf?
- Q: Is is safe for pregnant women to have nestle coffee mate creamer(liquid-french vanilla) in their decaf coffee. Interested to know answers from women who had it during their pregnancy regularly. Please give me facts more than assumptions or jokes.thanks
- A: Gosh dear, I hope so because I know I drank it during both of my pregnancies. It wasnt FV specifically, but it should be okay.There is an 800 consumer support # on the product, call them directly to ease your fears. You are fine, there's nothing in creamer. congratulations!
- Is it safe for pregnant women to drink coffee?
- A: Decaf decaf! Just like hair dye, certain pain relievers and alcohol caffeine is very looked down upon for pregnant women.First, caffeine is a stimulant and a diuretic, so it increases blood pressure and heart rate (not recommended during pregnancy), and causes frequent urination that could lead to dehydration. While you are in control of the exact amount of caffeine that enters your body, your baby is not; caffeine crosses the placenta and acts on your baby just as it acts on you. Normally, the effects of caffeine on an adult wear off in six hours, but in pregnant women, it may take twice as long to leave the body.
- Is coffee safe to drink for pregnant woman?
- A: Drinking coffee and other caffeinated beverages during pregnancy should not cause harm to the fetus as long as they are consumed in moderation. Here is some information about caffeine and pregnancy from the March of Dimes website:"Most experts agree that small amounts of caffeine appear safe during pregnancy. The safety of larger amounts is controversial. Some studies suggest that high caffeine intake may increase the risk of miscarriage and of having a low-birthweight baby. However, there is no solid proof that caffeine causes these problems. Until more is known, women should limit their caffeine intake during pregnancy. Most experts believe that consuming less than about 300 mg of caffeine per day appears safe in pregnancy.In general, brewed coffee contains the highest amounts of caffeine, with an average of 137 mg per 8-ounce cup. Instant coffee contains about 76 mg per 8-ounce cup A 12-ounce can of caffeinated soda contains about 37 mg."Definitely ask your OB about it, as he or she may have a different view on this subject. Also, make sure you are getting enough water to prevent dehydration.Best wishes and take care!
Prev Question: Do i have a good chance at getting pregnant
People also view