How many days before your period do you start ovulating
For a regular 28 day cycle, you ovulate 14 days before you are to start your period. After ovulation, the egg only lasts 24 hours. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-days-before-your-period-do-you-start-ovulating ]
More Answers to "How many days before your period do you start ovulating"
- Is it possible that you could ovulate around 10 days before your ...?
- No one can tell you when you are going to ovulate. They would only be guessing. That goes for ovulation calendars as well. It is a myth that ovulation occurs on a certain day. The day of ovulation can change each month. Anything can affect ...
- When is your ovulation days start before or after your period??
- you can always get pregnant. Ovulation starts 14days after your period..which is 14days before your period of you have a 28day cycle. I believe having sex a few days before ovulation and during ovulation are the highest risk of getting preg...
- How many days after ovulation or before your period do your breas...?
- It's different for everyone. Mine typically begin to hurt a couple days after ovulation and right on up until the day before my period comes.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is it possible to start ovulating before you start your period?
- Q: my bf an i had sex an i took a ovulating test 2 days after i ended my period shouldnt i be ovulating? because it said i wasnt ovulating but shouldnt i be??
- A: Typical ovulation symptoms and signs include changes in cervical mucus and a small rise in basal temperature. For most women, ovulation occurs about once every month until menopause (usually 10-14 days after the first day of your period and about 14 days before your next period if you have a 28-day cycle).About two weeks before menstruation, an ovulating woman may notice slick and slippery mucus. This discharge can vary by being more on one day and less on another but may continue for a few days during the time you ovulate.You can have a look at the following website to learn more about ovulation as well as tracking ovulation and fertility:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Good luck :)
- Hypothetically, can you get pregnant if you have unprotected sex 1 or 2 days before you start your period?
- Q: Let's assume that your period lasts about 5 days. I know sperm can live inside the body up to 7 or 8 days. But technically a woman isn't ovulating 2 days before her period starts...so that should be a somewhat "safe" time right?
- A: You can get pregnant at any point in your menstrual cycle, including DURING your period. NORMALLY, a woman with a 28-day cycle will ovulate on day 14. Sperm typically can live up to 5 days after intercourse, which means unprotected intercourse beginning on day 9 could cause pregnancy. An egg typically can be fertilized for about 3 days, so intercourse as late as day 17 can cause pregnancy.Many women don't have a 28-day cycle. And even women who have a regular cycle (of whatever length) don't always ovulate exactly 14 days before their next period starts. Illness, stress, medications, ovarian cysts - there are a hundred reasons why a woman won't ovulate on the expected day. And unfortunately for us, unless we're already involved with basal thermometers and all those ovulation prediction kits, we won't have any idea that we ovulated on the 4th day of our period, or 3 days after it ended, or that we didn't ovulated at all for 3 months.Hypothetically AND realistically, you can get pregnant at any point in your cycle. That's why doctors and the labels on contraceptive products make a point to say "if you do not wish to become pregnant, you must use birth control every time you have sex." If the "rhythm" method really worked, NONE of us would have OOPS babies and NONE of us would be griping about birth control methods!
- how many days after your period do you start to ovulate if you have a 30 day cycle?
- Q: My boyfriend for about 6years and I are trying to have a baby for several month now and so far no luck, I've started to track when i should ovulate, but yet again no luck. So now I want to figure out how many day before my period do I ovulate since I have a 30 day cycle? Please Help
- A: http://www.ovulation-calculator.org/this here may help you ! : )
Prev Question: What do you feel when implantation occurs
People also view