Does your pee smell different when your pregnant
Theoretically speaking, yes. If urine contains hormones (and it does), certain hormones emit a particular odor. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-your-pee-smell-different-when-your-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Does your pee smell different when your pregnant"
- When your pregnant does your pee smell different?
- It doesn't, you just have the pregnancy nose that makes you able to smell oh so much more then you can when you're not pregnant. So, it's your olfaction not your excretion (kidneys) that has changed.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- when your pregnant does your pee smell different?
- Q: She's taking a test on Saturday but the question made me curious to see if some people have that symtomI remember when I was prego my pee smelt really weird. And it smells exactly like that.That's the message my friend sent me, I'm pregnant but didn't know the answer, do you guys?
- A: It doesn't, you just have the pregnancy nose that makes you able to smell oh so much more then you can when you're not pregnant. So, it's your olfaction not your excretion (kidneys) that has changed.
- Did your urine smell different/icky when you were pregnant?
- Q: I just noticed that it smells different when I pee, and it really grosses me out. I don't have itching or anything else, just weird-smelling pee. Did you have this?
- A: Mine doesn't smell different but what I've experienced that is weird is that the prenatals make it cloudy. I realized this when I forget to take my vitamins for a couple days in a row, it goes back to normal and vice versa. My sense of smell has heightened immensely being pregnant so maybe that has happened to you therefore making you notice your urine smell when you didn't before you were preggers?
- 38 1/2 weeks....really gross TMI question about labor?
- Q: This is a really gross question and I know some moron will give me a smart alec response, but it's worth it for the real responses!! Ladies, did you find that you started smelling worse "down there" before going into labor? I'm sensitive to that type of stuff and clean all the time, and it's driving me nuts! I'll be 39 weeks on Thursday. Let me know your experiences...is it just me? Did you get that smell right before going into labor? I've lost my mucus plug, but no bloody show and no contractions. I don't know if I'm dilated yet because my doc doesn't start checking until my 39 week appointment (it sucks). Ironically, the only way I knew I was pregnant when I first found out was that I was incredibly thirsty all the time and my pee smelled different. I told you I was sensitive!By the way, it's not fishy and I am free of infections :). I know it's not a UTI or anything like that.
- A: I was actually scared to ask this.Thanks.I am dilated 3 cm and 90% effaced as of a week ago.I also started to notice a smell, not a bad smell.. just an odd smell.Its been about a week since, and no labor yet. Im 38 weeks.So Maybe its just the impending labor smell??My discharge is mostly clear. But I get a good amount of it. I know I have been losing my plug in pieces though. I have no clue though. But Im free of any infections too. So Thats good for us both.
Prev Question: What happens if a day is skipped when taking birth control
People also view