Could Depo Provera cause a false positive on a home pregnancy test
Depo Provera will not cause a false positive on a HPT; however, there are some prescription drugs that can, such as antiMORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/could-depo-provera-cause-a-false-positive-on-a-home-pregnancy-test ]
More Answers to "Could Depo Provera cause a false positive on a home pregnancy test"
- Could depo provera cause a false positive on a home pregnancy tes...?
- No, depo-provera doesn't contain HCG(pregnancy hormone) It can give you symptoms but not a False Positive. Even stats show that a false positive on a HPT isn't common at all, most people get false negatives if anything. I am sure there are ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Could depo provera cause a false positive on a home pregnancy test?
- Q: Every month my period comes at a different time so I usually end up taking a pregnancy test just in case. And this time I took one and it came out positive but I am also on depo now. I read something online about someone whose test kept coming out positive but she wasn't pregnant once.
- A: No, depo-provera doesn't contain HCG(pregnancy hormone)It can give you symptoms but not a False Positive. Even stats show that a false positive on a HPT isn't common at all, most people get false negatives if anything. I am sure there are people who claim it has happened to them, like the one you read online... but chances of it are very rare. I would make an appt with your doctor for a blood test to make sure and so you can talk to him about complications during pregnancy while on Depo-provera.
- please help. false positive HPT?? depo provera. confusion..?
- Q: this happened to me while i was on depo. i was getting positive AND negative home pregnancy tests, got blood tests done twice, and took urine tests and ultrasounds at the dr's. of course, all of theirs were negative. ive been off depo for about a month now and im getting very faint positives, thing is, i dont want to go BACK to the doctor with my hopes up and be let down again.what causes false positives? and it IS possible because its happened to me in the past.im 19 and have a 9 month old, and ive been getting that particular "feeling" you get when you're pregnant. theres no way to describe it other than it just being a weird feeling.ive also gotten pregnant on birth control twice. once when i was 16 (had an abortion) and again when i was 18 with my son. so needless to say, im fertile, and am paranoid about getting pregnant again. are there any doctors here that have answers? mine couldnt muster up any reasons as to why i got false positives. and im not sure im ready to go through all their tests again just to be told "nope, sorry"please do not be judgemental about my past abortion, i already know its a controversial topic and this isn't a debate. same goes for me being 19, worse things have happened in life than a 19 year old having children.and also please dont just say "youre pregnant!" im honestly looking for guidance.thank you very much for your advice if you have anyand, condoms are a no go. every time we have used a condom, it burns when i pee, i break out in a rash down there, and its very painful for a couple days. im pretty sure im allergic, and i am NOT spending a shit load of money on the latex free ones. pregnancy isnt a fear per se, its just something i feel like is going to happen again any second and im going to miss it and be on "i didnt know i was pregnant.." or something! and im also not seeing things, that 2nd line is MOST DEFINITELY there, its just not as bright and bold as the control line is. maybe i am a little strange because i take more pregnancy tests in a month than anyone does in a lifetime, but i have my reasons.. this is way too long. sorry. lol
- A: Birth control contraception releases hormones that make your body think it's pregnant. With the pill form it comes with a lot of extras that tend to make your periods lighter, your skin clearer, and your cramps minimal. With the Depo Provera shot, it's just the straight up hormone. That's why women can sometimes not get periods at all while on it. I am currently on Depo Provera. I need to get my new shot and am currently having "spotting." I've never taken a pregnancy test so I can't tell you if I've had false positives.Also, you may be psyching yourself out and creating psychosomatic symptoms. You could be experiencing pseudocyesis because you are stressed out by the chance you might be pregnant.Times like these make me glad I make my partner wear a condom everytime even though I am on a contraceptive. Contraceptives are only 99.3% at best and it's already been proven you're a Fertile Murtle so I highly recommend you use a condom from now on.---Latex condoms are not that much more expensive and you don't need to go to a special store. They are found at Walmart. Link in the source. psy⋅cho⋅so⋅mat⋅ic /ˌsaɪkoʊsəˈmætɪk, -soʊ-/ Show Spelled [sahy-koh-suh-mat-ik, -soh-] Show IPA–adjective1.of or pertaining to a physical disorder that is caused by or notably influenced by emotional factors.This means because you are stressed out and think there is a possibility of being pregnant that you are accidentally tricking your body into thinking you are pregnant. It does not mean you are seeing things. It just means that your body may think it's pregnant because you are stressed and think you might be pregnant.
Prev Question: How long can breastmilk be left at room temperature
People also view