What is it called when you have blood vessel swelling
A:An aneurysm is a balloon-like bulge in an artery, which is blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood from your heart to your body [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-it-called-when-you-have-blood-vessel-swelling ]
More Answers to "What is it called when you have blood vessel swelling"
- What is it called when you have blood vessel swelling
- An aneurysm is a balloon-like bulge in an artery, which is blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood from your heart to your body
- What is a swollen blood vessel?
- Usually a Hemorrhoid. No seriously. Oh, and where did the Real Slim Richy go? Please stand up!
- How to treat a broken swollen blood vessel on top of my hand??
- ice on it so it doesnt swell as much. or frozen peas. whatever u got
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What all do I need to fix in this story?
- Q: This research report is getting graded on sentence fluency, organization and conventions. I don't like the part about the serious effects.. its too long, but i need some ideas about what to do with it. Could you please proofread this and make changes where needed? IbuprofenHave you thought about the effects ibuprofen can have on you? Not only are the long-term effects startling, but some of the short-term ones are as well. Understanding what ibuprofen is and how it works increases your knowledge of the risks you take every time you use ibuprofen.Ibuprofen comes from a group of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (http://www.drugs.com/ubuprofen.html). NSAIDs relieve pain and inflammation due to damage done to muscles, ligaments, and joints. It is a nonopid analgesic. This means you have insensibility to pain without the loss of consciousness (Goldmann 894). Ibuprofen is used for many things. It can be used to relieve pain from surgical or dental work (http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/ Use-of-Ibuprofen-Safe-for-Short-Periods-5917-v). People with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and gouty arthritis often use ibuprofen as a pain reliever. Often it is used to reduce fever, headaches, muscle aches, common cold, toothaches, and backaches. It is also used for inflammation. Ibuprofen can help reduce swelling and tenderness (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682159.html). You may be wondering how this drug works. When your tissue is damaged your body naturally releases hormones called prostaglandins. These hormones are your body’s way of telling you something is wrong. Prostaglandins are what cause fevers, inflammation and pain. They cause the blood vessels to widen and leak fluid. White blood cells then move into the tissue. This makes the area red and swollen. When you take ibuprofen it stops your body’s production of prostaglandins, thereby reducing the pain and inflammation. The blood vessels return to normal, and the swelling and redness decreases (Goldmann 895) (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682159.html).This medication, due to the way it works, can actually cause more problems then you had before. There are both common side effects and serious side effects. It is important to know which are which. Common side effects aren’t something you need to worry too much about. These include: upset stomach, mild heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, dizziness, headache, nervousness, skin itching or rash, blurred vision, and ringing in your ears. Serious side effects include: chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds, swelling or rapid weight gain, nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, jaundice, which is yellowing of the skin or eyes, sore throat, headache with a severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness, and neck stiffness, chills, increased sensitivity to light, purple spots on the skin and/or seizures. If you experience serious side effects, you should stop taking this medication immediately and seek medical attention or call your doctor as soon as possible. Talk to your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effects (http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html).When ibuprofen is used for long periods of time, it can have serious side effects on your stomach and intestines. Bleeding and perforation, the forming of a hole, can occur in your stomach lining with long use. Also using it for long periods of times it can increase your risk of a heart attack and circulation problems. Strokes and even death can occur due to the use of ibuprofen. The longer you use ibuprofen, the higher your risks become (http://www.healthline.com/multumcontent/ibuprofen) (http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html).It has been proven that when ibuprofen is used for a short period of time, less then a year, it is safe. Although, when used for a long period of time, more than a year, it can be very harmful. You should limit smoking and alcohol consumption during use of ibuprofen. Also, using this drug as recommended increases its safety. The smallest effective dose should be used to treat your pain and swelling (http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html) (http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/Use-of-Ibuprofen-Safe-for-Short-Periods-5917-v)Ibuprofen, when used correctly, can be a very affective and useful drug. On the flip side, if overused, it can be harmful. Understanding what ibuprofen is and how it works increases your knowledge of the risks you take every time you use ibuprofen. Next time you have a minor headache maybe you will rethink taking unnecessary medication.
- A: "There are both common side effects and serious side effects. It is important to know which are which. Common side effects aren’t something you need to worry too much about"You did something here I wold call "overelaborating" which I would describe as unnecessary add-ons to a sentence. The first sentence is gr8, the next 2 sentecnes are really unecessary because they are bad transtions to the next sentence. Remember, u want a topic sentence, examples, and then a conclusion. Overelebboating is like your stating the same thing twice, so try to keep your story as simple as possible.Another example:"If you experience serious side effects, you should stop taking this medication immediately and seek medical attention or call your doctor as soon as possible. Talk to your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effects"See the 2nd sentence? Really unecessary, its exactly the same as the first sentence just rewritten.Reread your story and adjust sentences that sound alike because it can destract the reader to the important information.Another example:Although, when used for a long period of time, more than a year, it can be very harmful.You can rewrite is as "Although, when used for more than a year" because its creating a simpler sentence.Enough examples, my advice is simple, shorten your essay to be more simple so no extra sentences are repeated the same time.
- what would you think if a baby eats anywhere from 4 to 16 oz. a feeding? Baby is nearly 7wks old. Drs say ....?
- Q: Doctors say 4 oz is enough for a growing baby. This child gnaws his hands whether he eats 4 oz. 8 or 16oz. Some times he only eats 8 to 10 oz. But if he is only fed 4 oz.as the doctor says to, he screams and gnaws his hands until more formula is made. At times its as if he is starving no matter how much is fed to him. The doctors have him taking antacid pills ??? At 7wks?? What scares me is that he mimicks another child I knew of who had a birth defect in his neck that made it hard to get nutrition, because this other baby had to drink lots of formula to even keep up with the fact that a semi blockage in his throat made drinking formula or anything for that matter more work than he was getting calories. The doctors/nurses at the hospital told me I was an inexperienced mother and was just over reacting.... Well, later my family doctor (considered by pros at the hospital to be a dork...found the problem and sent him to a specialist who didn't believe my family doctor for nearly two months). By the time the specialist looked in his throat, he was horrible looking. His eyes had dark circles under them, hi stomach pooched out like the starved third world children, and you could tell he was in danger of dying. So Moms out there....if your gut tells you something is not right , do what ever it takes to get a doctor to pay attention. Be it calling a tv station or yelling in his stethoscope to get his/her attention. The blockage immitated athsma as well tho it wasn't athsma at all. Maybe a doctor will see this and know what is wrong. My baby had irritated blood vessels inside his wind pipe that swelled shut when he cried becasue he was hungry. And those invisable vessels nearly killed my son. Any other parents with similar problems out there? Hope this might shed some light on your situation as well. My son had to have surgery on his neck to by-pass the blood vessels until they healed. Any doctors out there who have delt with this or similar problems with an infant? Ears/nose/ throat ? or others? We need help, the "baby doctor poo poos our concerns". In the mean time we are feeding him until he pushes the bottle away or refuses to open his mouth. Sorry, but if we kept feeding him 4 oz when we know he is growing, isn't that starving him by a doctors orders or what? And no, I am not knocking all doctors....but not all doctors know what they are doing ....they were called "quacks" where I came from. And "quacks" were dangeous to everyone. Thanks to all who give intelligent answers... to those who don't ...just remember there is a "quack" out there just waiting for you.
- A: I was shocked by what I just read. This had to be your worst nightmare. Thank God your gut feeling kept telling you that there was something wrong with your baby. And thank you for sharing this with us. I copied your story to share it with my friends so they can pass it onto their friends. I hope it's okay with you.
- This is a poem/prose I wrote for all those abused?
- Q: BarelyIBarely a furlong awayA Zephyr’s breath a whisperYou sleep like a cat curled content Dreaming dreams that only a feline dreamsHush it is a secretAnd I a furlong awayDownwind alone in an unfamiliar roomExhausted, awake and missing a touchA hand a hug a desireSo sweetHush it is a secret.The half moon says it is half past two of the clockBut I hear no bellI do not think I will sleep tonightWhen Aurora blushes the morning sky I think that I will stay in bed all dayAnd watch amorphous shadows transit the walls.I listen to music to soothe myself,Cradle myself in a lullaby of soundAnd yearn, mourn grieve, scream, cry, die.I do not love you, hush, hush it is a secretI crawl back into my bed small frightened alone and cannot sleep.I have buried myself deep.IILiving is hardReliving is worse.I remember the pain or a child forcedA child fondled gropedAnd four in the backseat of a car taking turnsAnd fifty more the same.A walking, talking sex machineA vessel a receptacle for male pleasure andTheirFilth, still contaminates me.Hush, hush it is a dirty little secretI do not love you.I remember at 10Strapping my breasts with a bandage out of shame to beAn androgynous, asexual thing.And the fear and shame that a period bringsThe kind family doctorWho spoke of me as a fat menstruating girlKindly sending me to a psychiatrist at thirteen.Hush, hush it is a shameful secret.It is not fair of me to burden you with my pain.Pain is contagious and I am a carrier.Do you curse me under your breath?You cannot help meYou have your own pain to bear. And mourn and let goAnd heal.Do I frighten you with mine?Hush, hush it is your secret.I cannot love you.IIII do not have a homeA place where I can goAnd sit and sayI’m glad that’s overAnd relaxAnd let goLet’s goLet it all go.I cannot love anyone.IVI can hear the water birds calling for their mateLike you call for yoursAnd I mine.Whoever they may be.Or are they leaving because winter is hereAnd their children are gone and forgotten long summer since.Do they mate for life like the wolf?Like marriage is supposed to be.What on earth was God thinking when he created lust?Why did He create in us a desire that enslaves us with a needFor that thing that the poets and priests call Love?Hush, hush it is a heavenly secret. V I have buried myself so deep I do not know who I am anymore butI remember the feel of a steel-capped boot in my face andMy eyes swelling shut.The crunching of bones as my body hit the wall theBlood on my face and theGun to my head the bruising that kept me from sleepAnd the release of the gush of bright red bloodAs the artery was severed and my family shuttingThe door in my face and walking nakedOut into the cold with nothingBut red socks and blanket with nowhere to go.With only the scars on my arms to remind meHush, hush it is a family secret.VII have never felt such darknessOne cannot love me or give me promise of the thing so why do I mournFor something I know nothing of. Forgive me.You held me like my father didBut he is dead and in out last embraceRigor had already claimed him.But you were warm and vibrant and alive and ICould actually feel.Something.I stood near your door I was going to say I’m sorryBut too late I think so I walked three miles and it Rained and rainedMy shoe broke and I ached all over next day.You do not look at me and if by chance Our paths should meetI wonder what you seeWould you like to exorcise me?Do you hate, despise, detest me? I cannot love;Are you cold a frozen like Daddy?Hush, hush It is a secret Between you and me.Rowena SweeneyI don't know where to publish it. I just wanted to share. It just came out at 2 in the morning - a catharsis, I think it is called. Share it with anyone - that is what I think it is for. Thankyou for reading itI must add, that although I use my father as a motif, he was never abusive to me -he really is dead though, the poem is not about incest.
- A: My heart quickened and I held my breath as you showed me your pain and scars. You are still here and you still feel, even if it's pain, so there is hope. This pain never leaves but it lessens, and we can find a safe place to lock it away for the safe keeping of ourselves. Fine write.x.
Prev Question: Did Static Major pass away this year
People also view