Does naproxen work for menstrual cramps
A:Naproxen is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis, menstrual cramps, or gout. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-naproxen-work-for-menstrual-cramps ]
More Answers to "Does naproxen work for menstrual cramps"
- Does naproxen work for menstrual cramps
- Naproxen is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis, menstrual cramps, or gout. ChaCha again!
- Will Naproxen help with menstrual cramps?
- Yes it will... well usually. Some people say it doesnt but I know at least 5 who say it does. Personally I love it since not only will it take away the pain in less than an hour but also makes you bleed less. It wont stop your bleeding of c...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Anything stronger than naproxen 550 for menstrual cramps?
- Q: naproxen 550 mg used to work for me !! They haven't done anything for me for the last 3 months. I'm take a 550 mg pill about every 6 hrs as needed but even 3 hours later im still having killer cramps. =/ i use a heating pad, lay down, take hot baths, etc. NOTHiNG RELiEVES my menstrual cramps.I HATE IT! PLEASE ADViSE ME OF ANYTHING STRONGER I CAN TAKE. i don't want to roll on the floor crying anymore.
- A: If you're having to take medications this strong for your menstrual cramps, you should talk to a doctor about your symptoms. Sometimes severe cramps can be a beginning symptom of reproductive illness, for example endometriosis or PCOS. Even if you don't have an illness causing your cramps, it is possible that your doctor can prescribe something other than naproxen. It is possible that you could have better results switching to another NSAID like motrin, but taking large amounts of NSAIDS can cause ulcers over time, and if they're not working, you shouldn't really increase your dose without talking to a doc first.
- Does anyone know any remedies for strong period cramps?
- Q: I take the calcium supplements leading up to my period. I've tried cutting back on all of the foods they say you should cut back on while on your period. I've tried Naproxen Sodium. I've tried Extra Strength Tylenol. I've tried the pain killers and bloat medications made exclusively for menstrual cramps and bloating. I've tried the heating pad, the hot water bottle, hot baths, exercise, and just about everything else that I can think of. I usually get cramps so bad at least one day of my period that I end up in bed all day with strong prescription pain killers, just to keep from going crazy on myself.Anyone know of anything that works for their severe period cramps that I may not have mentioned as things I've tried? I'm willing to try just about anything that doesn't involve needles, isn't illegal, and it can't be Motrin (I'm allergic). Open to all suggestions.
- A: Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Caffine, Chocolate,.. and hot baths when your a little hungry and don't have a tummy full of food.If it's really really nasty,.. make a point to take sick time and yell at people " I'M SICK!" they will get a message something is not right. Go nag your doctor. He might suggest birth control or something that will only cover up what will quietly get life threatening. Have your uterus and overies checked. The lazy people will not want to help,.. but might say it's in a certain position... noone wants to remove or examine a messed up reproductive system for fear of law suit. Make sure you get second opinuns. Make note of anything they claim as stol. Have test done again,.. if it's still there it's not stol and they are ignoreing a potenial threat to your life.Good luck with the insanity. I don't think your ever going to be completely comforted :(Added: DO NOT TAKE " The Pill" to try to fix it,.. it causes damage to your organs when Doctors try to get you to use it to solve/control this problem and of course Blood Clots plus something that can cause anerisums and blood clots equals sudden surprize medical problems... like a blood clot or anerisim. Tylenol has addatives that dehydrate and people can be allergic to,.. this means you'll get worse once your body freaks out. If the Naproxen Sodium acts anything like Sodium,.. then that's more dehydration... which means you'll end up with more problems. You'd be better off haveing Mint, Sperriment, and Peppermint... no I'm not suggesting those will help you,.. just telling you they'd be more of a benefit to your health then dehydration and allergens XD They do have benefits but I can't remember what they are good for except the digestive system and alertness.
- What kind (names) of "prescribed" medications are for severe menstrual cramps?
- Q: I am 37yrs old. I have never had cramps this bad since I high school. The cramps put me in bed, I can't work, I'm in just too much pain. I also get these horrible headaches along with the cramps. Back when I was in high school, I was prescribed Naprosyn (naproxen) and had bad side effects (broke in hives every where). I go see my doctor on the 24th. (that is as soon as he could see me...tear) I was wondering what other prescribed medications are there for severe menstrual cramps. I have tried the OTC meds and they just aren't strong enough. I don't want anything that is habit forming either. Does anyone have any advise? I have tried heating pads, warm showers, OTC (over the counter) meds and nothing seems to help. What have you taken before, did it help? Please I just need some help on this!!! I would like to have an idea of what types of meds are out there before going to see my doctor.Thank you so very kindly for you time and answers. Hugs,Lesli
- A: Hey hun...jill of all trades here! Um, I was prescribed 800mg ibuprophen and caripasol or Soma for the muscle pain. Wish I could help more---maybe your meds are causing the pain to be worse? any possibilty you are preggers? I SOOO sympathize with you---Hope you can make it to the doc!!Hugs!
Prev Question: What are the symptoms of an irregular menstrual cycle
People also view