Does diet mess up menstrual cycle
A:Dieting does mess up the menstrual cycle, especially if you lose a significant amount of weight. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-diet-mess-up-menstrual-cycle ]
More Answers to "Does diet mess up menstrual cycle"
- Can a vegetarian diet heavy in tofu and other soy products mess u...?
- Soy does have an effect on a woman's cycle, however the generally accepted theory is that it is a positive one. Only you can know for sure. If you feel it is effecting you, then ease off on it. A vegetarian diet (I'm Vegan myself) is easily...
- Do diet pills mess with a menstrual cycle
- Yes, they could loosing or gaining weight suddenly can also affect it. Thanks for using ChaCha! Have a great day!
- Can diet and exercise mess with your menstrual cycle??
- It can affect it particularly if it is very different to what your body is used to, and if your cutting out a lot it can affect your menstrual cycle; I find that if I'm doing lots of exercise and eating little it can make it late. Also, wei...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- menstrual problems while taking Herbalife?
- Q: i was spotting today, which is not normal for me. and it all of a sudden stopped. im 15 and ive been doing herbalife for 1 month now. ive never had irregular periods at all in my life. is it possible for my menstrual cycle to get messed up while dieting?
- A: STOP TAKING HERBALIFE! Don't take ANY kind of metabolism-boosting or weight loss pill! They can easily lead to hypertension, caffeine overload, and even heart attacks. They're only good for completely messing up your metabolism and causing harm to your body. It is absolutely likely that it's messed up your menstrual cycle, since it's likely messing up many of your body's systems. Please, stop taking it immediately. Weight loss should be gradual, healthy, and permanent. Eat between 1800 and 2000 calories every single day and aim for a weight loss of about 1-2 pounds per week until you reach your healthy weight. Look up height/weight charts online to see what the healthy weight range for your height is and aim somewhere in the middle of that range. Eat a diet of lean meats, fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and fat from sources like olive oil and nuts. Stay away from processed, pre-packaged foods and foods containing a lot of sugar. Drink plenty of water.Exercise daily, preferably alternating cardio (running, jogging, swimming, playing sports, etc.) with weightlifting to use up fat reserves and tone your body. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and your body will find the right weight for you to be. You will look better, feel better, and live a longer, healthier life. Just please stop taking diet pills!Go to a site like http://www.fitday.com to record your daily food intake and measure your nutrients. It's very important to get all of your necessary nutrients every day.
- Is it a UTI, pregnancy, or both?
- Q: Sigh...I did have unprotected sex two months ago, while I was intoxicated. That month, I missed my period, and now this month, my menstrual cycle is more like "cleaning" itself than bleeding. I took two pregnancy tests which came back false, and yesterday my kidneys started hurting (as well as having cloudy urination). Besides these things, I feel fine. My breasts don't hurt, and I'm not unusually sleepy. I did, however, take diet pills that I later found out had hormones in it. Could that have messed things up? Are UTIs even able to mess up my menstrual cycle?:-\
- A: sounds like a UTI, the pill could have messed up your cycle, stress delays it easily too...goto the doctor regardless to find out whats up.
- what can i do to stay motivated??
- Q: about my diet!!! i was doing great and lost 7lbs in 1month!!! then for the past week i messed it up!!!! i pigged out for 5days then ate good for 2days then pigged out tonight!!! i got my period on the 23rd!!!so is this apart of my menstrual cycle or am i just using it as an excuse??? and yes i have been eating less and staying busy!! becuase i was on vacation for like 10days.
- A: you can schedule treats for yourself, that should make it easier to avoid temptations. Also some of your treats for losing weight don't have to be food related. Massages, facials, a hiking trip with your friends. a trip to a spa for a couple of hours
Prev Question: What helps with intense and painful menstrual cramps
People also view