Do elephants have a menstrual cycle
A:Yes, Elephant females, termed cows, have a menstrual cycle of approximately 3-4 months. More information at the link below: [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-elephants-have-a-menstrual-cycle ]
More Answers to "Do elephants have a menstrual cycle"
- Do elephants have a menstrual cycle
- Yes, Elephant females, termed cows, have a menstrual cycle of approximately 3-4 months. More information at the link below:
- How often do female elephants have their 3-4 month Menstrual Cycl...?
- An elephant cow's oestrogen cycle lasts 3-4 months, so she is only ready to be covered by the bull about 3 to 4 times per year. Her pregnancy lasts 22 months.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- HELP WITH HUMAN REPRODUCTION QUESTIONS PLEASE?
- Q: 1. In human females, which two structures mainly produce the hormones that control reproduction?a) pituitary gland and thyroid glandb) pituitary gland and the ovariesc) adrenal glands and the ovariesd) adrenal gland and thyroid glands2) Which hormone is directly responsible for the development of male secondary sex characteristics?a) testosteroneb) interstitial cell-stimulating hormonec) adrenalind) luteinizing hormone3) Which stage of a particular menstrual cycle does NOT take place if the zygote formation occurs?a) follicle stageb) ovulationc) menstruationd) corpus luteum stage4) Which observable stage of a menstrual cycle does not take place if zygote formation occurs?a) follicle stageb) ovulationc) menstruationd) corpus luteum stage5) How does the human embryo receive most of its nourishment?a) by secretion from the walls of the uterusb) by diffusion from the mother's blood into its own blood systemc) by absorption from the yolkd) directly from the mother's blood which circulates through the embryo6)Which is true of most of the carbon dioxide produced by a chicken embryo?a) it is not excretedb) it is destroyed by a chemical processc) it is released through the shelld) It combines with the yolk7)Of the following, the smallest eggs are produced by thea) sparrowb) elephantc) codfishd)ostrich8) When the cell divides during the process of cleavage, each resulting cell, compared with the parent cell, hasa) more cytoplasmb) less cytoplasmc) more chromosomesd) fewer chromosomes9) The cells of an animal blastula are characterized bya) frequent mitotic divisionsb) frequent meiotic divisionsc) monoploid choromosome numbersd) crossing over at a synapsis10) Which group of animals stores the least amount of food in its eggs for its developing embryos?a) fishb) birdsc) placental mammalsd) non placental mammals
- A: 1. A2. A3. C5. C (best guess)6. C8. BHope that helps =)
Prev Question: What are the symptoms of a menstrual period
People also view