Do birds have menstrual cycles
A:Birds do not have a menstrual cycle. Thanks for asking ChaCha! Have a great day! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-birds-have-menstrual-cycles ]
More Answers to "Do birds have menstrual cycles"
- Do birds have menstrual cycles
- Birds do not have a menstrual cycle. Thanks for asking ChaCha! Have a great day!
- Do birds get menstrual cycles?
- Animals do not have periods in the same way humans do. In humans, an egg is released from the ovaries once a month - this is the woman's fertile time. At this point in the cycle, the lining of the womb is thickened in preparation for an emb...
- Do female birds have a menstrual cycle
- There is no information found on whether birds have a menstrual cycle, but most mammals go into heat or an estrous cycle.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- do birds get menstrual cycles?
- Q: hmm... we're studying birds in biology. wat about bugs? wat about fish? wat about other mammals? is it if they go into cycles of heat and non heat than they have menstrual cycle? is menstrual cycle defined having blood come out... or just that there is an ovulation cycle? or if you have an ovulation cycle blood has has to come out as some point? need a bio expert here
- A: Animals do not have periods in the same way humans do. In humans, an egg is released from the ovaries once a month - this is the woman's fertile time. At this point in the cycle, the lining of the womb is thickened in preparation for an embryo to embed in it should pregnancy occur. If the woman does not become pregnant, the womb lining and the unfertilised egg are discarded - this is what the 'blood' shed during a period is. This is menstruation. Obviously, since birds reproduce by laying eggs, they do not need to develop a thickened womb lining in the first place, much less shed it.In other mammals, if they do not become pregnant during their fertile time (which may occur much more often or much less often than in humans, depending on the species), they reabsorb the womb lining and egg into the body rather than shedding it - they don't 'bleed' the way we do. Quite why we expel it from our bodies rather than reabsorbing it is not known, but it must have had some evolutionary advantage at some point in our history or it would not have evolved.Note that the bloody discharge seen in some animals, such as dogs and cats, when they are in oestrus (commonly called 'heat' or 'season'), is NOT a period. The animal is NOT shedding its womb lining - the discharge is to produce scent to let any nearby males know they are receptive, and to provide lubricant for intercourse. Oestrus is the animal's fertile time, the time she is ready to conceive - the womb lining is thickened and eggs have been released or are about to be released with the stimulus of mating. In most animals, this is the only time the animal feels sexual desire, since it is the only time pregnancy can occur and it would be pointless to mate at any other time. This is the point in the cycle that comes BEFORE a period in humans, since we only have periods to get rid of the unused womb lining and egg if we don't become pregnant.
- HELP WITH HUMAN REPRODUCTION QUESTIONS PLEASE?
- Q: 1. In human females, which two structures mainly produce the hormones that control reproduction?a) pituitary gland and thyroid glandb) pituitary gland and the ovariesc) adrenal glands and the ovariesd) adrenal gland and thyroid glands2) Which hormone is directly responsible for the development of male secondary sex characteristics?a) testosteroneb) interstitial cell-stimulating hormonec) adrenalind) luteinizing hormone3) Which stage of a particular menstrual cycle does NOT take place if the zygote formation occurs?a) follicle stageb) ovulationc) menstruationd) corpus luteum stage4) Which observable stage of a menstrual cycle does not take place if zygote formation occurs?a) follicle stageb) ovulationc) menstruationd) corpus luteum stage5) How does the human embryo receive most of its nourishment?a) by secretion from the walls of the uterusb) by diffusion from the mother's blood into its own blood systemc) by absorption from the yolkd) directly from the mother's blood which circulates through the embryo6)Which is true of most of the carbon dioxide produced by a chicken embryo?a) it is not excretedb) it is destroyed by a chemical processc) it is released through the shelld) It combines with the yolk7)Of the following, the smallest eggs are produced by thea) sparrowb) elephantc) codfishd)ostrich8) When the cell divides during the process of cleavage, each resulting cell, compared with the parent cell, hasa) more cytoplasmb) less cytoplasmc) more chromosomesd) fewer chromosomes9) The cells of an animal blastula are characterized bya) frequent mitotic divisionsb) frequent meiotic divisionsc) monoploid choromosome numbersd) crossing over at a synapsis10) Which group of animals stores the least amount of food in its eggs for its developing embryos?a) fishb) birdsc) placental mammalsd) non placental mammals
- A: 1. A2. A3. C5. C (best guess)6. C8. BHope that helps =)
- Miracles Of The Quran? Do You Guys Think This Is Pretty Cool?
- Q: Reminder: This question should not be deleted under Yahoo Answer Code of Conduct. This Question completely follows the Yahoo Answer Guidelines. The following are all in the Quran before it was even discovered:AERODYNAMIC FORCES AND THE FLIGHT PROGRAMMED IN BIRDS (NEW) THE MIRACLE OF FIRE AND WOOD, THAT CANNOT BE OBTAINED ARTIFICIALLY (NEW) RADIO RECEIVERS ON MOUNTAINS (NEW) THE WISDOM BEHIND THE PROHIBITION OF BLOOD IN THE QUR’AN (NEW) FOSSILIZATION AND IRON CONTENT (NEW) THE MOTHER’S WOMB WITH ITS SECURE PROTECTION (NEW) THE SUN’S HYDROGEN AND HELIUM CONTENT (NEW) OXIDATION IN THE BLOOD (NEW) THE QUIVERING AND SWELLING OF THE EARTH (NEW) THE COMING OF THE UNIVERSE INTO EXISTENCE THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE THE END OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE BIG CRUNCH CREATION FROM HOT SMOKE THE SPLITTING ASUNDER OF "THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH" THE CREATION OF WHAT LIES BETWEEN THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH THE PERFECT EQUILIBRIUM IN THE UNIVERSE THE FINE TUNING IN THE UNIVERSE THE STRUCTURAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE SUN, THE MOON AND THE STARS ORBITS AND THE ROTATING UNIVERSE THE SUN'S TRAJECTORY THE MOON'S ORBIT CALCULATING THE LUNAR YEAR THE FORCE OF GRAVITY AND ORBITAL MOVEMENTS THE ROUNDNESS OF THE EARTH THE EARTH'S DIRECTION OF ROTATION THE EARTH'S GEOID SHAPE THE DIAMETERS OF THE EARTH AND SPACE THE LAYERS OF THE ATMOSPHERE THE PROTECTED ROOF (Ozone) THE SKY MADE A DOME THE RETURNING SKY THE LAYERS OF THE EARTH THE EARTH DISGORGES ITS CHARGES THE FUNCTION OF MOUNTAINS THE MOVEMENT OF MOUNTAINS DIFFERENT POINTS IN THE RISING AND SETTING OF THE SUN LAND LOSS AT THE EXTREMITIES THE SPLITTING EARTH THE MIRACLE OF IRON THE FORMATION OF PETROL THE RELATIVITY OF TIME CREATION IN SIX DAYS THE TRUTH OF DESTINY DUALITY IN CREATION SUB-ATOMIC PARTICLES BLACK HOLES PULSARS: PULSATING STARS THE STAR SIRIUS LIGHT AND DARK COMBUSTION WITHOUT FIRE THE WEIGHT OF CLOUDS THE PROPORTION OF RAIN THE FORMATION OF RAIN RAINS WHICH BRING A DEAD LAND BACK TO LIFE THE FORMATION OF HAIL, THUNDER AND LIGHTNING THE FECUNDATING WINDS THE STAGES OF WIND FORMATION HOW THE PROCESS OF PHOTOSYNTHESIS BEGINS IN THE MORNING THE SEAS NOT MINGLING WITH ONE ANOTHER DARKNESS IN THE SEAS AND INTERNAL WAVES THE REGION THAT CONTROLS OUR MOVEMENTS HEARTS FIND PEACE IN THE REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH FORGIVENESS ACCORDING TO THE MORALS OF ISLAM AND ITS BENEFITS ON HEALTH HOW PRAYER ACCELERATES THE TREATMENT OF THE SICK STRESS AND DEPRESSION: THE RESULTS OF NOT ABIDING BY THE RELIGION THE BIRTH OF A HUMAN BEING THE CREATION OF HUMAN BEINGS FROM WATER CREATION FROM CLAY THE PROGRAMMING IN GENES THE MENSTRUAL PERIOD PREGNANCY AND BIRTH THE SEQUENCE IN DEVELOPMENT OF HUMAN ORGANS THE FORMATION OF MILK MIRACULOUS MIXTURE: MOTHER'S MILK THE IDENTITY IN THE FINGERPRINT THE FEMALE HONEY BEE THE MIRACLE OF HONEY THE DATE AND ITS USES AS DESCRIBED IN THE QUR'AN THE FIG: A FRUIT WHOSE PERFECTION HAS ONLY RECENTLY BEEN REVEALED FISH: A VALUABLE SOURCE OF NUTRITION PORK AND ITS HARMFUL EFFECTS ON HEALTH THE OLIVE: A HEALTH-GIVING PLANT CORONARY BY-PASS SURGERY HEALTH BENEFITS OF MOVEMENT, WASHING AND DRINKING WATER THE EXISTENCE OF MICROSCOPIC LIFE THE EXISTENCE OF ANIMAL SOCIETIES BIOMIMETICS: DRAWING INSPIRATION FROM THE DESIGN IN LIVING THINGS LOCUSTS MOVING IN SWARMS ANT COMMUNICATION THE FOOD CYCLE THE EARS ARE ACTIVE DURING SLEEP THE IMPORTANCE OF MOVEMENT IN SLEEP REDUCED MOVEMENT AT NIGHT CHEST CONTRACTION WITH INCREASING HEIGHT This was all in the Quran before it was even discovered! How is that so? Maybe because Allah is a REAL God?- I Agree.So Do You Guys Think This Is Pretty Cool?More Info: http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html&http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.htmlTo scared to admit the truth? I see what you guys mean.http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html Go to this webpage and click what you want to click. They will have quotes directly from the Quran. As you wish.
- A: I don't believe any of that, and I don't really care.
Prev Question: What does usually midway in menstrual cycle
People also view