Can I take ibuprofen for menstrual cramps
A:Yes ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps, or minor injury. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-i-take-ibuprofen-for-menstrual-cramps ]
More Answers to "Can I take ibuprofen for menstrual cramps"
- Can I take ibuprofen for menstrual cramps
- Yes ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps, or minor injury. ChaCha!
- How long does it typically take Ibuprofen to stop menstrual cramp...?
- The bottle I have says 30 minutes, but for me it usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
- How much Ibuprofen for menstrual cramps?
- The recommended dose for Ibuprofen is not to exceed 2400 mg in a day. So if you are taking 800 mg more than 3 times a day it is highly not recommended as it can not only irritate your stomach lining but also cause bleeding. My own personal ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I take Inderal for migraines. What can I take for menstrual cramps since Naproxin & ibuprofen interferes?
- Q: I take Inderal for prevention of migraines. It works, but during my period I get very bad cramps and the only thing I have found works is either large amounts of ibuprofen or naproxin (naprosin). Both of those including aspirin interfere with the absorption of the Inderal so I end up getting migraines for the week during my period. Tylenol does nothing for my cramps. I have also tried ginger capsules. Anyone have any suggestions?
- A: Take the Inderal first. Then, about an hour or 2 later, take the super strength ibuprofen
- what can i take for menstrual cramps other than ibuprofen?
- Q: i have terrible cramps during my period and i've taken ibuprofen all my life for it, but now all of a sudden i'm having an allergic reaction with my eye's swelling anytime I take it. So I can not take IB anymore. What can I take for cramps during this time? My OB prescribed Daracet but that will knock me out! I need something that I can take that won't put me out so i can still work. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!Thanksany type of anti-inflamatory gives me the same allergic reaction. Advil, aleve I can't take. Doesn't Midol have some type of anti-inflamatory in it?
- A: Believe it or not a York Peppermint patty. I read it in woman's journal its an old remedy the peppermint eases the cramps. Then there ALive, Tylenol, or Midol anything with acetaminophen
- What is the best pain killer for menstrual cramps?
- Q: I usually use Ibuprofen to kill the pain of menstrual cramps, but i have heard that it is not too good on your stomach to take Ibuprofen. Does anyone know of something I can take to kill menstrual cramps that is good for you? Maybe something natural?Also, I always get really emotional and irritated during my period. Is there some kind of herb I can take to help with that?
- A: I usually take advil.Though, a heating pad on your stomach-abdominals area will help just as well. ChamomileGingerBasilPeppermintCramp bark also help as herbs.
Prev Question: How do menstrual cups work
People also view