Are you born with an aneurysm or are you born with one
A:Usually, people are not born with aneurysms. Most develop after the age of 40. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-you-born-with-an-aneurysm-or-are-you-born-with-one ]
More Answers to "Are you born with an aneurysm or are you born with one"
- Are you born with an aneurysm or are you born with one
- Usually, people are not born with aneurysms. Most develop after the age of 40. Thanks for using ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do people get clot and have high cholesterol?
- Q: IIRC he was in for a clot in his lungs a while ago. You can get one from trauma as well as the usual smoking/cholesterol problems. You can also get one from sitting for extended periods, such as during a long flight, or after extended bed rest. Such clots, a pulmonary embolism, form in the legs and never make it to the brain because the lungs catch 'em. Strokes have 2 typical causes; a burst blood vessel in the brain or a clot/plaque from the heart or one of the arteries leading from the heart to the brain, often in the neck where the common carotid splits into the internal/external carotids. Also; autopsy studies show that up to 5% (some studies say up to 12%) of people are born with a cerebral aneurysm (weakening of an artery wall) of some degree, often at the Circle of Willis (below). Most never cause a problem but in some people, especially if they develop high blood pressure, they can enlarge and eventually burst causing a stroke. -20 points (years) for smoking.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------sorry I'm trying to understand this better.
- A: Why do people get excess cholesterol:1.) They eat too much fatty food.2.) They don't get enough exercise (cholesterol can be burned for fuel, but if you don't exercise your body just stores it for later use)3.) They don't die of something else first. Our ancestors probably rarely lived to be 50, so it didn't matter if their bodies wore out. People used to die of malaria and pneumonia and other curable diseases before they got old enough for cholesterol to be an issue.The cholesterol builds up in the inside of arteries like sludge in a pipe. To understand aneurysms, pinch a straw or hose. Or better yet, watch a cartoon where someone pinches a hose.Your blood vessel is like a hose. When it is narrowed at one point, fluid builds up right before it. IT is like a traffic jam, a bottle neck. The artery just before the clog inflates. as it inflates, it's walls are stretched thinner. This increases the probability it will burst.Why do we get blood clots? 1.) Out blood has to be ready to solidify at a moment's notice to halt bleeding. If it didn't, we could bleed to death shaving. Sometimes it jumps the gun.2.) Platelets scan the surrounding artery walls. When they don't detect artery walls, they assume there is an injury and they leaked out. They then clot to seal the leak. If the artery walls are covered with plaque/cholesterol, the platelets are more likely to not detect them, and mistakenly think they leaked out of the artery. 3.) Some think inflammation plays a role. Some people like to ask why we die. A better question is, how the heck do we live as long as we do? How many cars, cell phones and laptops do you go through in a lifetime? And they don't even have bacteria constantly trying to eat them. How many pets? Most animals don't live as long as we do. It's hard to build a complex system with moving parts that can function 16 hours a day for 80 years without replacement parts. Everything (and everyone) wears out.
- We are all sons of immigrants... aren't we?
- Q: "Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"To me this represents what America is all about... A great nation, welcoming those willing pour blood, sweat and tears into a better future... For their families, for their community, for their country. I am the daughter of an Immigrant, and so is everyone... The weirdest thing people do is to assume that they are all from Mexico... My mother was born in Uruguay. She decided to come to America when she found out she was pregnant with me. She worked two jobs. She paid for EVERY THING I NEEDED. Paid for our hospital bills, our food, our rent, our heat. She always made donations to my school by buying extra pencils, notebooks, tools, books, the works, for me to bring to class and share with those who didn't have those things... She always donated clothes we didn't need instead of throwing them away. She always threw what little change she had into the collection basket at the door of our supermarket (the local church was always raising money for a different cause). She said that America was our home, and in our home most people spoke english, so she asked me to teach her little by little our home's language... but still remember her roots, and her spanish heritage. We never had food stamps, or welfare or Access cards... She taught me to be kind to people, and it would be returned to me... SHE WAS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS HERE... 23 YEARS. I, as her daughter, could have made her legal, but she said that there was no need, because if we were good people and respected their laws, they wouldn't send her back... How naive, she was... A few years ago, an aneurysm she had in her aorta exploded. She barely survived the surgery. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to purchase insurance, and because she had no insurance, all the hospital had to do was stabilize her and send her home. I begged them to keep her, I didn't need to be a doctor to know she wouldn't survive at home... The doctor said "the rules are the rules"... She died a couple of days later... in the emergency room.Do you think it's fare to put everyone in the same basket? Do you think all immigrants are evil? To all those "Americans" out there, who hate them because they say this is their country and no one else is allowed here but them, I would ask you to trace your ancestors and tell me you are not the son of an immigrant. You, me, we are able to call ourselves citizens of this great country THANKS TO MY MOM, YOUR GRANDFATHER, WE OWE IT TO THEM. Would you tell your forefathers they are not welcome here because they were born somewhere else? I don't think so... Yes, a lot of them are here illegally, but that's only because they are not given a chance to change that status. Don't you think it would be right to give these people the chance to earn the right to be here? Can't they come up with some kind of eligibility plan for those who have the same intentions as the ones who came through Ellis Island?
- A: Welcome to America.. Now learn english, obey our laws, pay your share of taxes for your services recieved(welfare, police, health care) or get the f*** out of my country. Why should I or my kids have to learn a new language cause border jumping baby machines are invading my country? Sorry for your mother, she is an exception not the rule. many illegals here use our services while not paying taxes and taking opportunity away from us citizens, then these liberal communists who are toked out on pot use irrational argument of racism to retaliate against those who want to maintain a free country. While these illegals bring violence, drugs, and a lower standard of living hereI have no problem with those who lawfully come here for opportunity like my ancestors did, but those who eat away at our resources are vermin feasing away on our productions and need to be removed from our system, when you have a bad apple in the bushel, you do not rid change the whole bushel, you remove the bad apple, and thats how we solve our problems
Prev Question: What are all the places you can get an aneurysm
People also view