Who was the first person to perform open-heart surgery
On July 9, 1893, Daniel Hale Williams performed the first open heart surgery. A young Black man named James Cornish was injured in a bar fight, stabbed in the chest with a knife. By the time he was transported to Provident Hospital he was closer to [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/who-was-the-first-person-to-perform-open%26%2345%3Bheart-surgery ]
More Answers to "Who was the first person to perform open-heart surgery"
- Who was the very first person to perform a successful open heart ...?
- Dr. Daniel Hale Williams became the first person to perform successful open heart surgery in 1893. ChaCha on!
- Who performed first open heart surgery?
- Daniel Hale Williams - Introduction: African American Doctor Daniel Hale Williams is credited with having performed open heart surgery on July 9, 1893 before such surgeries were established. In 1913, Daniel Hale Williams Williams was the on...
- Who was the first doctor to successfully perform an open heart su...?
- It was in Greece, I think his name was Hippocrates,excuse my spelling if the name is wrong but, im positive it was in greece I can't tell you who performed the first open heart surgery, but I don't think Hippocrates was. The Greek's were ve...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do anesthisiologists get paid better than surgeons?
- Q: An anesthisiologist needs 7 years of studying after college as opposed to a surgeon who needs what 16 years after college of studying before he can practice surgery? An anesthisiologist just provides the anesthesia or to numb the person's body part so they won't feel pain while awake. Yes, an anesthisiologist can provide his/her services more than 5 times a day during 5 different surgeries as opposed to a surgeon who will just perform one surgery which is lets say 2 hours. I know there are surgeries that can take up to 24 hours as well like brain surgery or open heart. If a general surgeon studies in school longer and has to perform the full surgery while the anesthisiologist has to do what 10 minutes worth of work on one surgery, why does the anesthisiologist get double the money of a surgeon? The general surgeon gets paid around $300,000+ while the Anesthisiologist gets paid $350,000+. Why is that?? Are neurosurgeons and cardiosurgeons higher paid than anesthisiologists or are anesthisiologists the highest paid medical profession?the first year salary of anesthisiologist is around $200,000+ while first year internal medicine is $150,000.
- A: Uhhh... No way in hell am i reading this.
Prev Question: Does Megan Fox really want to be a man
People also view