What should you do if you pop a tendon
If you have injured a tendon, it is best to get medical treatment to correct the injury. Possible treatment could be surgery. When you feel a pop, followed by a sharp pain in the back of your ankle and lower leg it can make it hard to walk properly. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-should-you-do-if-you-pop-a-tendon ]
More Answers to "What should you do if you pop a tendon"
- What should you do if you pop a tendon
- If you have injured a tendon, it is best to get medical treatment to correct the injury. Possible treatment could be surgery. When you feel a pop, followed by a sharp pain in the back of your ankle and lower leg it can make it hard to walk ...
- Why is my tendon making popping and cracking noises??
- from your bones rubbing against each other, i have it too.
- Why do your bones and tendons pop such as your knuckles, ankles, ...?
- It's trapped waste gases given off by the cells surrounding the joint, when you force the joint to move mre than the muscles around it can then the trapped gases are released giving off a 'pop' sound.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I injured my foot today. Can someone tell me what to do to heal it as fast as possible?
- Q: So I had a soccer game today and im pretty sure at some point my foot was stomped on or driven into the ground cause when i got home it hurt really bad. My big toe was throbbing so i got some icy hot and started to rub it in. I noticed a wierd lump in the tendon leading to my leg. (not sure what its called) So i started rubbing it wondering what it was. Then it poped to the right and i was in major pain. It hurts in my big toe joint all the was down the tendon that popped. I am icing it right now, but i dont know what else i can do. I cant go see a doctor, even though i think i should. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.-Nicolle
- A: Ice will help reduce the swelling, but you probably ruptured a tendon - the extensor hallicus longus, and if you did, it will not heal properly without surgery. This is a difficult injury to treat even with surgery. You will probably have chronic pain if you don't see a doctor.
- Foot problem, I have a bone where your big toe and second toe if u go up an inch theres a bone popping out...?
- Q: i have it on both feet. I have boney feet so you see the bones. Anyways on my left foot I have horrible pain in my foot and the bone is not visible like it used to be. My big toe on the underneath of my foot hurts, my achielles tendon hurts and the heel of my foot hurts. When I rub my foot or massage my foot i have a bad pain sorta burns a little when i do that. What can be wrong? Should I go to the doctors?Can this problem be from my back since i have a bad back or can it be from me seating on my ankle and indian style.PICKING THE BEST ANSWER TONIGHT
- A: you should go see a doctor, but to me it sounds like nerve pains which could mean its caused by your back. You should put ice on it and try not to put much pressure on it.
- What would you do if this happened?
- Q: I sprained my ankle horribly, and ripped lots of tendons and ligaments a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to all these parties where you are supposed to dress up, and EVERYBODY is wearing heels...except me. I can't. I tore too much, and when I wear heels, my ankle has this strange popping sound, and I can only walk ten steps before everything is feeling awful.Are flats still acceptable? Should I still try and walk in heels? It's tempting....
- A: Umm if you tore stuff then you would need to go to the hospital and most likely have surgery.... so i doubt you tore tendons and ligaments. But really if your ankle hurts wear flats.
Prev Question: How much does laser surgery cost
People also view