What is the difference between pink eye and a stye
A:A sty is a pimple or abscess on the upper or lower edge of the eyelid. Pink Eye is the inflammation of the conjunctiva membrane. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-difference-between-pink-eye-and-a-stye ]
More Answers to "What is the difference between pink eye and a stye"
- What is the difference between pink eye and a stye
- A sty is a pimple or abscess on the upper or lower edge of the eyelid. Pink Eye is the inflammation of the conjunctiva membrane.
- What's the difference between a stye and pink eye?
- Swollen lump near the lid margin - stye Red eye with yellow eye discharge - "pink eye" or bacterial conjunctivitis Red eye without discharge and with a cold - viral conjunctivitis Red eyes with itching, watery discharge - allergic...
- How can u tell the difference between a stye And having pink eye??
- A stye will feel painful and it is a growth on the eye. Pink eye just makes your eye feel really irritated.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I have a stye and have questions...?
- Q: Does a stye grow overtime if not treated?How long do most styes take to go away?What is a stye?What's the difference between a stye and pink eye?Any pain relieving suggestions?
- A: Read about stys at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sty/DS00257."Pinkeye" is another name for conjunctivitis http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pink-eye/DS00258 and is usually unrelated to a sty.A cloth soaked in very warm water and applied to the stye for several minutes, 3 times a day, may help your discomfort.Some people mistake chalazions for stys. A chalazion is a clogged eyelid gland and is usually painless, while a sty hurts. If you're having pain, you probably have a sty.
Prev Question: What causes an absess on a tooth and what can you do for it
People also view