What does it mean when you have a puss filled bump
A:An abscess is defined as "A collection of pus in tissue, organs, or a confined space, which is usually caused by a bacterial infection." [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-when-you-have-a-puss-filled-bump ]
More Answers to "What does it mean when you have a puss filled bump"
- What does it mean when you have a puss filled bump
- An abscess is defined as "A collection of pus in tissue, organs, or a confined space, which is usually caused by a bacterial infection."
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do I have Herpes or is it something else?
- Q: Here's the deal. Yes, like anyone now adays, I have had an 'active' history. Course, one mistake after the next, ladies I know you know what I am talking about. Well, here's the scoop. After my first SERIOUS relationship, I started noticing some 'bumps'. Now, for a bit I thought it was nothing. Then they started geting worse. About the size of a penny or the size of a nickle in some cases. Course, they were all filled up with blood. I tore them open. Well, as time dragged they got smaller and more irratable. When I say that, I mean they were itchy and all that stuff. It never burned when I urinated, since I know that to be a symptom to the virus. And when one thinks of burning pee, that sensation you get when you urinate when you have a bladder infection. Also keep in mind, I am overweight - NO FAT JOKES! I was also on the pill at some point so now sometimes I am in pain and all that good stuff. I had to get off it cause I was in constant pain. Well, when I got a new partner, they kept coming back. I know herpes to be a blister full of liquid like a normal blister. These were and STILL are full of PUSS instead of the clear liquid. I also heard these could be caused from chefing (sp?), sweat, ingrown hairs, all that yucky stuff. They usually come in when I am about to start my period (I am nearing the age of 21), When I have sex (I also heard you can get bumps from that. I also don't get it all the time when I have sex.), or when I am really stressed out. Just like my periods, when I am stressed out I break out in acne. Stress comes with Acne and a few hives from time to time.I know the symptoms and the only thing I really show is the itching from these 'blemishes', sometimes they are painful. They burn SOMETIMES, tingling.. I dunno..But the other symptoms make it sound like a flu. I have only had one UTI this year, and it was my first one ever. My lower back pain comes from me being heavy and me having large breasts, not to mention my boyfriend and I sleep on a twinsize bed together. Enough said. One symptom is vaginal or penis descharge. From what I heard, the vag is going to have a natural discharge, hence the unhealthy smell that women try to always cover up. I haven't noticed anything wierd there. Haven't had a fever since Last thanksgiving. Been fine ever since, and that fever was my first in years. I also always get sick around fall and winter. muscles only ache when I exercise, headaches come from stress, my hair being thick and it being up or something annoying.. like my.. inlaws... the bumps don't scab even when I pop em. They just fade. keep in mind they are full of puss, not the clear liquid.The bumps don't discharge as well, like the herpes bumps are supposed to. They just sit there.
- A: The only way to know for certain is to go to the doctor and get a blood test for Herpes. A blood test will tell them for sure whether or not you are carrying the virus. Symptoms that come and go are difficult to test so always opt for a blood test when possible. You may have something else like HPV or Molliscum Contagiousum.Once you have a full screening panel done for STD's then focus on what else might be causing some of the other symptoms you've described regarding you muscles and fatigue.
Prev Question: Where is the abcess in an abcessed tooth? In the tooth or in the gum
People also view