What do doctors use during surgery to make you go to sleep
As the type of anesthetic you may require is varied, so are the medications used to produce the anesthetic state. Sodium Pentothal is the drug used that most people are familiar with, but it has been largely replaced by newer drugs, such as propofol. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-doctors-use-during-surgery-to-make-you-go-to-sleep ]
More Answers to "What do doctors use during surgery to make you go to sleep"
- What do doctors use during surgery to make you go to sleep
- As the type of anesthetic you may require is varied, so are the medications used to produce the anesthetic state. Sodium Pentothal is the drug used that most people are familiar with, but it has been largely replaced by newer drugs, such as...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What kind of specialist would I need to see for my tonsils and adenoids?
- Q: When I was young I was told that I probably should have my tonsils removed but I never got it done cause my parents couldn't really afford it. Then when I got to be like 11 or 12 I was told that I should have my tonsils and adenoids removed and again I didn't get it done cause my parents couldn't afford it. Now that I'm older I'm finding that I'm having all sorts of throat and allergy problems and I'm strongly considering going to go see doctor about getting my tonsils and adenoids removed. So my question is would I need to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist about this or what kind of specialist do I need to talk to? Would they be taking my tonsils and adenoids out on the same day? I've never had any kind of surgery before so what method do they use to put you to sleep during surgery and would the medicine make me goofy? If I get my tonsils and adenoids taken out would that cut down on some of my throat and sinus infections that I usually get?
- A: Yes, I'd say it would be an ear, nose, and throat specialist. It might help with your throat infections. If you have a lot of allergies, you also might want to go to an allergy specialist. Removing the tonsils and adenoids is one surgery.
- I'm sick of my life,my family is made me worse to their own benefit?
- Q: ok so i'm 19 and before EVERY ANSWER I GET is MOVE OUT i want you all to understand i can't that's not possible,it's a cultural things kids don't move out (no matter what,until they graduate and have a job) which is 2 years for meanyhow i have really bad anxiety and i get stressed really easily,and thanks to my family who refuse therapy btw, they made me worse to their benefitfor example when i was little i used (and still) worry ALOT about my family and their health,and one time(i was like 7) and women died during sleep(she was sick) but my mother told me that the women died "because her kids did not listen to her and she was so upset" she used this to make me scared of not listening to her (and it worked) and i was never a naughty kid,i was always a good oneparents always told their kids"to be like me"but its still not enough to my familyevery time my mother got sick she will tell us the doctor told her that "she have naughty kid at home who made her sick"and she have to have a surgery im dead scared about her now,and whenever she sees me happy or in a good mood she will randomly mention "the surgery" it's not just that, i feel i'm the only 19 year old in my class who lives in so muc stressmy body twitches involuntary (which i looked it up and it say (webmed) that this happens in extreme stressi also have body cramps daily and have migrines dailyplease understand its not just with my mother i just cant write everything or i will write a booki just gave you my problem with my mother as an example so all of you will be able to understand what i go through
- A: hello! nobody replied! how rude! okaay well Im not entirely sure what i should say. You cant move out? well thats fine, and normal mind you the stress of having to live on your own and go to uni/college wuteva u guys call it, unless your emma watson or some other famous rich kid its just too much!Umm ok Im going to say to you basicly what I said to the person I answered like I 5 minutes ago. Firstly, and im sure this willl make you cringe, see the councillor on campus! it should be free right? oh and ps slightly drunk (just got home) so forgive me when you discover that my grammar is not to great :D ok anyway im sure you hate this answer, but you should talk to your councillor on campus. Surely there is one! , they do know their stuff.. There is a reason why we have councillors in every university, college, high school primary school etc etc etc, most people at some point in their earlyish lives see a Councillor or psychiatrist sooner or later, they are qualified and DO know what they are talking about, trust me.anyhow Moving on it would be a good idea that you open up to someone, a close friend, relative, someone on yahoo answers, just somebody. You need to talk to a particular person, not just once but over time, someone whom will be supportive and positive that you will slowly open yourself up too I know that is going to be hard, and if you dont trust openign up with someone that you know make sure its just someone on yahoo answers o a net buddy or something-i mean whats the harm in talking to somebody who has no idea who you are, has never met you, will never meet you yah know?. If you feel that you cant do this, write in a journal, it facilitates self-honesty and will help you pinpoint exactly what the problem is - i know while it might seemingly be obvious you will almost always find something that you didnt know about yourself or that you wouldve have allowed yourself to think of normally. Dont not write something because when you see it or think about it it makes you feel like its stupid, or embarased, thats a good thing, because then your bringing out all the things that normally you would be suppressing :) write down all of your true feelings and your experiences-It will help.- If you can both open up to a person and your journal would be best, but that is up to you. Youll be confronted with things that you dont like, which you would normally just dismiss from your thoughts but the key to getting over this is by embracing who you are,your issues, also allowing you to rationallly decide what is best for you. Dont let anyone put you down, your to good for that, think positive about yourselfAlso set yourself goals aswell,...to remidn you that you can achieve anything (because you can if you just set your mind to it), small at first,like spending a little bit more time with your friends, or maybe with your family, maybe trying to slowly let go of your insecurities, imagine if you didnt care what anybody thought about you, how good would that be, or maybe just walking you dog or going for a run. It is never to late, you can achieve anything you want to in life.Get into exorcising, preferably team sports but if not just a light jog in the arvos, IT takes your mind off problems its a great way of relieving stress. Remember that if we on yahoo answers are worried about you when we sers dont even know you then the people whom you live with/go to school with/hang out with truly love you and care for you and will support you.Lastly keep clear of drugs, excessive alcahol, sex all the things that you may be doing to temporarily relieve you will only do you worse in the long run (TRUST ME, I could spend all night arguing how bad these things can be for someone, please listen to me when I say stay away from them) I Promise you that there is a way through this, and if you accept Jesus into your heart, if you understand him, you will have the strength to overcome this on your own, all you have to do is believe. So pray to God because hes out there and he loves you. If you question Gods existance because of all the bad things that have happened I have answers for this too, Please just ask and I well explain.ODont let the Jesus talk put you off taking my other advice, I dont know wether you believe or not an considering the cirumstances it would be understandable if you didnt. Just know this that when I found God my life completely changed, I found peace, purpose and contentment.If you have any questions or just need to talk to someone email me :)sorry about spelling and grammarP.S dont be like embarrased or feel stupid to talk to someone. IT can make all the difference, give it a shot, have a go, get that stuff out in the open honestly it can change eerything. Okay ill stop rambeling like I said just email if you want to talk or have any questions, please dont not do something that deep down you want to do because you feel like you will look silly or feel stupid or something, you won
- Am I being over-emotional or do I have a legitimate reason?
- Q: My husband and I have been married for nine years. Although I love him very much, at times I feel like he is not very supportive.I had something happen recently that confirmed this. I have been sick a few times during our years together but, thankfully nothing too tragic. When I have been sick I still had to do my usual routine of taking care of the house, kids, pets, etc. It didn't bother me too much though because I think all of us mothers have to do what we have to do, whether we have the flu or not.Recently I had to have abdominal surgery. I was in a lot of pain for the first week. My stomach was bruised and stapled and it hurt to even breath, cough, or laugh. I came home from the hospital after two days but, my doctor told me that I must take it easy for the next week or two. I was going to take his advice and my husband stayed home from work to help me around the house.This is where the problems came in. I'm the one who just had surgery and he spent almost all the days at home sleeping, watching T.V., or playing on the computer. There were things that needed to be done, that couldn't be put off such as cleaning the cat-box, doing dishes, etc. and I did them all! I couldn't ask for his help because he was taking a nap. I was a little angry at first but, I thought it over and I figured he was just being your typical man. I mean...who wants to do housework right? But, then there were other things.I had such a sore back from the gas they used during the surgery. My doctor gave me some muscle relaxant cream to rub on my shoulders. Well, I couldn't reach my shoulders because it hurt so, I asked my husband if he could massage some in for me. He just quickly wiped some on my back and left it at that. It hurt my feelings a lot. If I thought he was in pain or sick then I would do everything I could do to make him comfortable. I think I have been very thoughtful to him through the years. Making him soup, bringing him a hot water bottle or ice pack, stopping at the pharmacy to get him some medicine, etc. And not once can I be sick or hurt and have someone take care of me?It made me kind of scared in a way. What happens if I ever did get seriously ill? Would he be there for me? I don't know. Half of me thinks I am overreacting and I should buck up a little and then the other half of me says that I am completely right.Am I being too over-emotional? What do you think?Thanks!
- A: i think you are being very rational and not over emotional at are and let me first start by saying i am sorry. your husband sounds frankly lazy. your not over emotional your in pain and you need support. as a husband he should be there. part of the marriage isnt it? for better or worse? it sounds like its bad and he wants to sleep? Thats bullshi* you have every right in the world to be mad at him and also you shouldnt push yourself to hard. i know things have to be done but that doesnt mean you have to do them. if you keep if up you could end up hurting yourself. tell him that. tell him that you need his help and support and your in pain while he sleeps. if he is like that he doesnt deserve you.Not Over Emotional. Human.Good Luck! =)
Prev Question: When is Batista coming back to WWE Raw
People also view